Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this issue has been beat to death, but I'd appreciate any feedback on adjustments that have cured the heavy front end problem with 05 non X model Doos. Like many, my sled steers heavy on hard pack trails. If you follow another Doo with precision skis, the problem is worse as it's hard to get out of their tracks. With percisions, if you go too light they push in the corners, so I need to find the right balance.

I have a Gade, though I understand the problem exists with 121" track models as well. Front skis are set on the lowest setting. I've cranked up the center shock and my rear springs are only on number 2. I'm wondering if I should let out the limiter one strap and if the front end goes to light, I can regain control with shock springs. Does this sound logical? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would say that is the next step to take...What I would do is adjust one thing at a time and see if it makes a difference (if it doesn't, reverse the adjustment) not that you would make the problem worse. As far as the pushing in the corners, with the precisions (in my experience) I feel that it won't be improved.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
With percisions, if you go too light they push in the corners, so I need to find the right balance.
there is no combinaton to date on any sled that makes for perfect steering in all conditions, I like the ski pressure very light and its easy to handle the push in the corners, if your willing to get used to it!

·
Registered
463 Posts
mpsrent said:
I realize this issue has been beat to death, but I'd appreciate any feedback on adjustments that have cured the heavy front end problem with 05 non X model Doos. Like many, my sled steers heavy on hard pack trails. If you follow another Doo with precision skis, the problem is worse as it's hard to get out of their tracks. With percisions, if you go too light they push in the corners, so I need to find the right balance.

I have a Gade, though I understand the problem exists with 121" track models as well. Front skis are set on the lowest setting. I've cranked up the center shock and my rear springs are only on number 2. I'm wondering if I should let out the limiter one strap and if the front end goes to light, I can regain control with shock springs. Does this sound logical? Any suggestions?
[snapback]298332[/snapback]​
I think the 1st thing you should do is take off the precision skis & put on Ski Doo's flex skis. Then install Ski Doo's Proactive Control System's on the flex skis(this will reduce darting). I run my frt shocks at about 2 1/2 to 3. I am not sure on the center shock, I think it is a little over half. The rear springs are at 2 & the thick portion of the blocks are facing down. The 2 thinks I did that I noticed a big change is the blocks & the best change I did is the flex skis with pcs's. No push in the corners, no darting & steers great, not like a tank. I have a 04 gade. I talked to a guy with a 05 mxz that had the same problem. He put flex skis on & his problem was solved. good luck

·
Registered
513 Posts
mpsrent said:

[snapback]298332[/snapback]​
Read this post "Click Here" and click on the link that I put in my post on the senc page. It does make sense. I do not really see anything wrong with the Stock Doo Skis for hard pack trails. Also like someone else said, let the limiter strap out on hole too.

REVBob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts