Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see this weekend weather for Sayracuse ,with the cold front slamming down from Canada their often is alot of lake snow with it.Just woundering,I guess a little cold weather to freeze the ground up before it snows would be good

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have emailed the local Utica weatherman several times about this very subject. The reply I got was that lake effect snow is expected especially in the snowbelt region (tug hill, adirondaks) but there is not alot of talk about it yet. I would expect that these guys have recieved alot of hate mail since about every time they have called for snow, it either did nothing or rained.

·
Registered
69 Posts
gentleman, I hate to be the barer of bad, bad news... Its gonna be a record high 61 degrees today in central ny smashing the old record of 52 set in 1972.. I just heard it on the radio.. But on the bright side there is a harsh cold front droppin on in and bringing with it, yes thats right, LAKE EFFECT SNOW...

peace

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
mikeee_56 said:
gentleman, I hate to be the barer of bad, bad news... Its gonna be a record high 61 degrees today in central ny smashing the old record of 52 set in 1972.. I just heard it on the radio.. But on the bright side there is a harsh cold front droppin on in and bringing with it, yes thats right, LAKE EFFECT SNOW...

peace
[snapback]265164[/snapback]​
OH WE CAN ONLY HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THere is snow in the forecast for the next ten days.....but..... nothing significant is predicted yet......PRAY for the west wind across the beautiful OPEN Lake Ontario.

·
Registered
216 Posts
so far in poughkeepsie its staying kinda cold nowhere close to 60. cross my fingers that we can keep what we have untill the cold air comes down and locks it up. about 36hrs more come on hold in there snow!

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Almost 70 here today south of Buffalo, slept with the windows open last night. The weatherman here says the cold is coming in tonite but no lake effect yet within the next couple days. We could use a few days of cold before the snow anyhow.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Broke a 115 year old record today. 71* and it was sunny. Now its 49* and dumping rain. No signs that has ever snowed here. If were going to get some lake effect it better be good. They are calling for snow and cold temps. Saturdays high is supposed to be 15*.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hit 64 today in Hamburg. People were wearing shorts. I did get my dose of 2 stroke today, using a friggin leaf blower at work. Did I mention it was 64 today? In the middle of january? Im so friggin frusterated right now. I've only gotten 124 miles in so far!! I haven't even been coming on the snowmobile sites lately and I've been getting the itch to ride my Bike.
somethings not right here!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts