Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Copied from Hard Core Sledder...NY Forum :

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I got this in my email this morning:

Subject: Section of C4 Closed!

Please forward.

As of February 20, 2006 trail C4 between Junctions ER129 & ER132 has been closed - do to a few snowmobilers who had to venture out when there was not enough snow. A farmers field (his livelyhood) was damaged.

Southern Tier Snow Drifters

PLEASE LISTEN UP!!! We already have lost too many trails. If you can see the grass sticking out of the snow in the field or on a trail, then there is not enough to ride. If there are rocks and gravel, and mud showing, well then, you guessed it, not enough to ride. Legally there is supposed to be at least 3" to ride state trails. This year there is not a base, so the snow diminishes quickly. I know that the winter has been less than par and everyone is chomping at the bit to ride, but use common sense. I would like the trails to be available to ride on next year to. Any crops that are damaged are replaced by the clubs and that can get expensive. We all have to work together if we want to preserve a trail system for our future generations to ride on.

Also, another FYI. The Stockton Hotel, and the 310 market are both closed. There is not a place to get gas in Stockton anymore. So if you are heading to Mayville, either gas up in Cassadaga, or make the pit stop in Kimball Stand. (Gerry)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts