Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
MTM follower
2,592 Posts
Ice is probably safe.

Whats crazy is wearing snowshoes on 2 inches of ice on a river.

I've seen it. Drill a hole and water comes out because the ice is sagging from the weight.

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
ok lets think about this, that is icefishin

you go out on a lake that is covered with ice, then u start drillin holes in the ice
, then u set up a lil tent and have something to keep u warm in the middle of the tent
, then u sit in the lil tent u have built looking down into this hole hopein for something to bite
, not to mention while the ice is makin all sorts of weird noises like cracking and stuff
. sounds like fun, i will tell u one thing, i will never go icefishing!!!!

Andrew

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I sware all of the ice fisherman are crazy when it come th that crap.

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
CuzzinOlaf said:
This is nuts IMO. I found it on my other forum.
[snapback]727906[/snapback]​
what the problem?

Looks like MTMs winter home....

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
MTM said:
maybe if I hit the lottery
[snapback]728047[/snapback]​
so your not the holdout?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Theres a reason why the darn shack is up on Barrels!

He'll soon have a boat!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
andybob1001skidoomxz said:
ok lets think about this, that is icefishin

you go out on a lake that is covered with ice, then u start drillin holes in the ice
, then u set up a lil tent and have something to keep u warm in the middle of the tent
, then u sit in the lil tent u have built looking down into this hole hopein for something to bite
, not to mention while the ice is makin all sorts of weird noises like cracking and stuff
. sounds like fun, i will tell u one thing, i will never go icefishing!!!!

Andrew

[snapback]727979[/snapback]​
i have 2 pike speering shantys out on my local lake right now, have a good 12inches of ice. and have a little woodstoves in them. did i mention the hole is 32" x 32". nothing like sitting in -10 degrees in a t-shirt. it gets a good 75-80 degrees in there. i feel bad for the guys without a shanty

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
Isn't it Lake St. Claire that pretty much every year the ice breaks up and strands a bunch of fishermen on the moving ice pack?
Seen it on the news a few times. The guys were waving off the rescue choppers because the fishing was too good. Now that is dedication.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
alexd said:
Isn't it Lake St. Claire that pretty much every year the ice breaks up and strands a bunch of fishermen on the moving ice pack?
Seen it on the news a few times. The guys were waving off the rescue choppers because the fishing was too good. Now that is dedication.

[snapback]728315[/snapback]​
would that be considered trolling.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't know what is wrong with everybody. There could be a foot or more of ice therewhich is enough for a truck, let alone a snowmobile & ice fishing shack

·
Wasting money wisely
1,632 Posts
gmcmachz said:
I don't know what is wrong with everybody. There could be a foot or more of ice therewhich is enough for a truck, let alone a snowmobile & ice fishing shack
[snapback]728475[/snapback]​
I don't know about a foot but a solid 6 inches or so could be there. Looks like pure clean ice too. I'm sure that ice makes a racket when the temperature drops...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Went ice fishing last weekend on Mason Lake (about 30 km from Yellowknife) and we had over 4' of ice. Had to use an extension on the auger!

I'm pretty sure its safe out there!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts