Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back last night from Canada. Two and a half days and 632mi
The sled now has 3034mi and the Stock plugs and Stock Belt also, I know Im loseing a little with the belt now but was able to Smoke my Buds ZR900 with D-D pac system clutch kit and what ever else he has by 12-15 sleds on LeCabon lake, Also smoked 2 buds on there F7s
I also beat them every time at the gas pump and beat them on oil as well and I am always out front with one bud on the F7 and we ride fast all day, WFO every chance we get, Also beat the F6 on gas and oil

All I can say is the sled NEVER NEVER skiped a beat ALL season, 2 pulls to start and 1 trip to the dealer for the Cold start remap and never lost one race all year.

I love this sled more and more every time I ride it, The only thing I wish it would do better is take the BIG bumps better when I push it real hard but ya can't have everything I guess

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yet more proof if you let things alone, you can't tinker yourself to the complaint department. Nice information. I guess I can stop being concerned that my Mach is going to crumble to pieces or burn up if I just simply ride it.

I agree its the best sled I've ever owned. It does however have an engine and me for a pilot, so I suppose some day I might have a problem of some kind. Until then ....keep smiling.

·
Registered
230 Posts
MachZman said:
The sled now has 3034mi and the Stock plugs and Stock Belt also, I know Im loseing a little with the belt now but was able to Smoke my Buds ZR900 with D-D pac system clutch kit and what ever else he has by 12-15 sleds on LeCabon lake, Also smoked 2 buds on there F7s
I also beat them every time at the gas pump and beat them on oil as well and I am always out front with one bud on the F7 and we ride fast all day, WFO every chance we get, Also beat the F6 on gas and oil

All I can say is the sled NEVER NEVER skiped a beat ALL season, 2 pulls to start and 1 trip to the dealer for the Cold start remap and never lost one race all year.

I love this sled more and more every time I ride it, The only thing I wish it would do better is take the BIG bumps better when I push it real hard but ya can't have everything I guess

[snapback]749497[/snapback]​
I've got an 05 with all the updates except the cold start up. I added some weight in the clutch and added the x shocks up front. This is the 1st sled I didn't dick with (100% stock) and I've got just over 2500 miles on the original belt, 1200 miles this year on the same set of plugs I started this season with. Last trip to the UP I got 14-15 mpg with several 3+ miles WOT runs, not to mention over 115 miles between some of my fill-ups. I love this sled. Too bad people are dumping these sleds and our resale WILL suffer. I see one at the auction in Bronson sold for $4200 - Not sure of the condition, and another for sale in Northern MI for $6200.
It must be nice to have more money than brains

·
Registered
522 Posts
Nice to read a positive post on here for a change MachZman. I have only got 1500 mi. on my 05 this year but she has never missed a beat . You are probably good for another 3000 mi. easy, have fun and

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
dlittle said:
MachZman said:

[snapback]749497[/snapback]​
I've got an 05 with all the updates except the cold start up. I added some weight in the clutch and added the x shocks up front. This is the 1st sled I didn't dick with (100% stock) and I've got just over 2500 miles on the original belt, 1200 miles this year on the same set of plugs I started this season with. Last trip to the UP I got 14-15 mpg with several 3+ miles WOT runs, not to mention over 115 miles between some of my fill-ups. I love this sled. Too bad people are dumping these sleds and our resale WILL suffer. I see one at the auction in Bronson sold for $4200 - Not sure of the condition, and another for sale in Northern MI for $6200.
It must be nice to have more money than brains

[snapback]749758[/snapback]​
For $4200 I would have bought a spare just for parts. That was way too cheap-could resell next fall for $6000+ if it was not wrecked.

·
Registered
99 Posts
3200 miles on mine, same plugs and belt. no problems---2005 with all updates and 1.25 rip-saw track---just got back from canada on 1220 mile 5 day ride---glad they made no changes for o7---makes ours still seam new !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
ZR1BANDIT said:
3200 miles on mine, same plugs and belt. no problems---2005 with all updates and 1.25 rip-saw track---just got back from canada on 1220 mile 5 day ride---glad they made no changes for o7---makes ours still seam new !!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]751565[/snapback]​
Verry happy for you MachZ 1000 men |

But seriously it's very normal for me to ride 5 to 6000 milles a year without plug changes and without any reliability problems! Just hard on belt ,i change regullary at approx 1800 milles intervals and take more fuel and oil than 1000!
Probably one of the best builded engine by ski-doo: 809
I have one with 33,000 milles not too bad for a Mach Z !!

Take care!

z36qc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts