Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went over tonight to check it out. BRP had a nice assortment of sleds on display. I could hardly believe it but Arctic Cat and Yamaha were no shows....only BRP & Polaris.

·
I might be dumb, but I’m not stupid!
1,296 Posts
Went over tonight to check it out. BRP had a nice assortment of sleds on display. I could hardly believe it but Arctic Cat and Yamaha were no shows....only BRP & Polaris.
thats not a good sign, hopefully I'm wrong

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wow and I wanted to go down there today. There was only a couple things I want to look at but hey. Really never been a Arctic Cat or Yamaha fan. If I was not a brp guy I would buy a Polaris would definitely be my second choice.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Heading there in a few minutes. Been going for over 30 years.

Cat hasn't been to any of the shows this year. Dropped my dealer.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
I’m heading up from Ohio in a few. I was up at Honda East the other day; I was talking to their Sales Manager, who said that Cat dropped them along with many other dealers. Other than being able to offer every brand, they didn’t seem too broken up about it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Meeting up with 2 of my cousins, going out to breakfast with them, and then driving to the snowmobile show this morning (Saturday). Looking forward to checking it out. For me, it will be my first time going to any kind of snowmobile show and I am looking forward to checking it all out.

Our 3 sleds are Doo's, but one of my cousins is an Cat guy. Hope he isn't too disappointed I would have liked to check out all manufacturers, but since BRP is there I wont sweet it. :lol:

Anyway, fingers crossed it is worthwhile, and looking forward to the excuse to hang out with my 2 cousins. B)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
We are going later this afternoon and spending the night at the hotel there...never done this before.
Picked up my new 2020 Gade 900TX last weekend. I need a tunnel bag! Any of the sleds outfitted with bags?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
we are here guys.... set up and going....
booth 148 next to MSA Michigan snowmobile association..... and the BAR!!!!...
fe3cca3135cea0396eabdc84bcbe5c5d.jpg
2840385b5d25de6b94eaeb0d767be76e.jpg
8307a5acf020d9ffb4c0c70c862f2df1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Just got back from there myself,Ski doo had nice display,.. Roxor had a hell of a display too
good turnout tho
Arctic Cat was supposed to be set up where Roxor is at. Talked to a rep from Grace, he planned on having a sales person at the Cat display. He didn't even know Cat backed out until he started setting up his booth.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
We used to go when Bobadoo had dooTalk meer n greets, but not much since then

·
2nd Whore in command
102,190 Posts
I missed it this year, was supposed to be there today and meet up with a few members, but had to work ????????

Was hoping to go out to dinner after the show with Matt (marky49) and his wife again like last year and a few of the other guys.......bummed I missed it! Was hoping to get a few shirts from him again, guess I'll just have to order online I guess.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
We were there from opening until 3:00-ish. Busy as usual. Killer deals on leftover non current gear, like $100 for Tobe jackets for example, but no larges...bummer. The normal every day gear, accessories, and merchandise was fair but definitely not unbeatably priced. I walked out buying less than anticipated, figuring I’ll save money on the rest of what I need thru Honda East and online (I had prices already written down on my wish list for comparison). No $33/gal Ecklunds oil again. Best I could find was $36/gal in a case of 3. Some booth was selling their bulk oil in leaky, hand-taped gallon jugs for $37????‍♂. I tried on some Tobe, Klim, and Helium shells and checked out some other goodies I’ve been wanting; that’s one of the best parts, I think- exposure to everything in one place where you can actually touch/try it. Got my Michigan trail pass & MSA membership. My wife enjoyed it as usual, and I got to plant some seeds about us getting a trailer, so mission accomplished there. Another good trip and a fun way to kick off the season!

·
Cains Guest
1,642 Posts
Cat and Yamaha did attend the Toronto Show last weekend. BRP stole the show in regards to booth content and celebrity figures like Carl Kuster , Blair Morgan etc.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Honda East was dropped by Cat?....... WoW.. I order parts from honda east and I always thought they were a huge dealer?

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Honda East was dropped by Cat?....... WoW.. I order parts from honda east and I always thought they were a huge dealer?
Yep; truth. I've bought both my FreeRides there; they're about an hour and a half from me. I can't recall if or for how long they would continue to support Cat parts.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Went Friday a bit after 5... couldn't believe how busy it was already! Usually we go Saturday afternoon. Bought a few shirts from Matt - what a great guy - his family too.

Also bought a Tekvest Freestyle... $270... I think that was a good deal? Can never tell on some stuff... I think most booths were posting them as $339 then this sales guy is like ehh I can do $270 (Klim branded). Most vests I saw were Large, XL, XXL... only saw one Medium and after walking around and not finding a Medium anywhere else, I went back to the first booth and this guy was wearing it. I was like ohhh nooo.... then he said don't worry I'm not getting it. Lucked out!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
We were there from opening until 3:00-ish. Busy as usual. Killer deals on leftover non current gear, like $100 for Tobe jackets for example, but no larges...bummer. The normal every day gear, accessories, and merchandise was fair but definitely not unbeatably priced. I walked out buying less than anticipated, figuring I'll save money on the rest of what I need thru Honda East and online (I had prices already written down on my wish list for comparison). No $33/gal Ecklunds oil again. Best I could find was $36/gal in a case of 3. Some booth was selling their bulk oil in leaky, hand-taped gallon jugs for $37. I tried on some Tobe, Klim, and Helium shells and checked out some other goodies I've been wanting; that's one of the best parts, I think- exposure to everything in one place where you can actually touch/try it. Got my Michigan trail pass & MSA membership. My wife enjoyed it as usual, and I got to plant some seeds about us getting a trailer, so mission accomplished there. Another good trip and a fun way to kick off the season!
you were right next to me... should have stopped to say hi....

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
you were right next to me... should have stopped to say hi....

Shoot; I wish I would have known (or realized) that; we would have stopped in for sure. To be honest; I was really surprised at the lack of Novi chatter this previous week on here about who's going, who's meeting at what booth, what booth has the best deal, and so on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts