Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I GOT THE NEED FOR SPEED !!!
5,179 Posts
i have noticed i have oil below my rave valves on my 03 rev 600. more on the clutch side than the other. what should be done here to rid the problem? also noticed valves get built up quicker than they should be i think. slimmed when i pull them out. normal or not good- comments anyone?

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
If there is oil leaking from your RAVE's then it can indicate a loosened spring or damaged bellows. There is a draining hole at the bottom of the valve piston assembly. If oil is dripping from this hole it indicates what I mentioned above.

Make sure it is coming from the drain hole and not the gasket.

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
Sorry, I should have mentioned if you belows or springs are damaged, you'll have to replace them.

If your valves are slimmey, that's okay, if you have heavy carbon deposits on them, then that is okay too, it could depend on your riding style, oil pump setting, oil type, etc...you just need to clean them more regularly or make adjustments to the above.

·
734 Power
2,600 Posts
I have heard that you can seal the bellows with RTV copper sealent and that prevents them from leaking, that Dreibond stuff doesnt seem to last long, I have a leaking bellow right now too

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Also check the bolts holding the RAVE assembly, there were severl reports of them backing out and causing a leak just like you said. They used locktite on the 05s because of it. Most likely it is the bellows though.

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
REV_X said:
I have heard that you can seal the bellows with RTV copper sealent and that prevents them from leaking, that Dreibond stuff doesnt seem to last long, I have a leaking bellow right now too
[snapback]298173[/snapback]​
You're right, Dreibond sucks! I think the spring does all the work. lol

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Yellowknife said:
REV_X said:
You're right, Dreibond sucks! I think the spring does all the work. lol
[snapback]299037[/snapback]​
Yellowknife, I blew my Bellow apart this year. I put it back together WITHOUT the dreibond on it and it popped apart again in less than 2 miles. I did this 5 times before the dealer finally got the dreibond. I also tried some Permatex gasket former and that also blew apart. I'm hoping the dreibond works, because we are heading off on a week trip. It sucks donkey balls when the valve is blown apart.

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
Donkey balls. LOL

Does Canadian Tire carry Dreibond? lol

I find it is just so fragile after it has dried.

Where can you get the stuff?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Yellowknife said:
Donkey balls. LOL

Does Canadian Tire carry Dreibond? lol

I find it is just so fragile after it has dried.

Where can you get the stuff?
[snapback]299222[/snapback]​
My dealer had this "edit for bad language" ordered from DOO for a fricken week and a half and it was still on backorder (SHOCKER
). DOO must have a policy that everything must be on backorder during any month that there is POTENTIALLY snow on the ground.
I'm sick and tired of it. I'm almost certain that I'm buying the New Yami snocross sled in Spring. I'll be so glad to get to finally ride the snowmobile that I bought.
But about buying dreibond, I have no clue where to get it. My dealer said that DOO sent them some other sealant that "SHOULD BE" ok on the RAVE's. What a half-"edit for bad language"ED deal BRP runs!

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
If you buy that yammi you have to stay on this board and keep me updated!

·
I GOT THE NEED FOR SPEED !!!
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yellowknife said:
Sorry, I should have mentioned if you belows or springs are damaged, you'll have to replace them.

If your valves are slimmey, that's okay, if you have heavy carbon deposits on them, then that is okay too, it could depend on your riding style, oil pump setting, oil type, etc...you just need to clean them more regularly or make adjustments to the above.
[snapback]297998[/snapback]​
springs good- belows good- how do i adjust the oil pump setting. sites/pics/posts helpful if anyone has any on procedure. thanks

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
Email me and I will get you the proper info.

I don't have my shop manual in front of me and I'll forget if you don't email me. lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
REV_X said:
Has anyone tried sealing them with RTV copper? I've been fighting leaking bellows all year on my 02 700. I've replaced springs, bellows, and gasket with no luck. Looks like RTV is the next step.

Eric

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
If the oil is on the case itself, it might not be the bellows(well, might be too much oil for only the bellow just to throw out). Check your RAVE gaskets where she mounts to the top of the block, I can prolly bet there is no oil leaking out of them. Now, take a look at where your pipe connects to your Y-pipe. Wipe your finger underneath it...ICKY...Its the oil blowing back from the pipe and making its way out of the connector onto the front of the block. A couple of my 440's do this. It doesn't effect anything, but its deffinatley "sooty"...

Mabye alittle "form-A-gasket" would help this problem on the pipe...-Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts