Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got a 2011 1200 renegade x, and ride mostly off trail. This issue i have is that there's always swirling snow coming up from behind me and im completely covered after any short ride. I've tried higher windshields, deflectors on the side panels, and nothing is working! Now i know some of you guys will say thats because im riding in powder and its to be expected, but this happens even just cruising across the lake. I've had sleds my whole life and have never had this bad of problem with snow kicking up this bad on any of them. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if so did u find a fix for it? Thanks guys....

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
I get that with any sled but I'm 6'5" so I'm kind of making my own windshield as I move along. Nice when it fills up your collar and you take your helmet off.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I have 4 windshields that I change off/on depending on the weather .. I find the taller the windshield I run the more it pulls the the snow fluff back on to me , creating a vacuum at speed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea thats what my next move was gonna be, was to put my low windshield on and see what happens. I bought it with the high one already on and the stock low windshield came with it. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a 2014 GSX SE (Gramps Sled), and ordered it with the Ultra High windshield and hood deflectors, as I'm past looking good. :happy_old: I just want to ride and be warm, but snow 'swirles" around it and behind me also, even snow dust from the sleds ahead. Riding through 6" of fresh snow two weeks ago, it was so bad, my gloves and jacket were soaked, and snow builds up on the running boards behind my feet. Love this sled, but NOT the snow issue. :angry_old: Has anyone tried the one-piece windshield?

Wayne

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I think that the snow swirl is as much ski related as much as the windshield. We run a lot of stubble fields here and run side by side a lot. You can really see the swirls when the nose is in the snow on my buddy's that run the 5.7's VS the 6.9's. That curl at the back of the ski's is where I see a large swirl starting all the time.

I ran Poo sleds prior to this and the last 2010 Switch I had was way better for swirl than the XR that I am running now.

Not sure it is going to go away but I am always happy that we have that type of snow to ride in as it is the exception and not the norm where we ride.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
My GT is the same. Cross a lake and everything is covered in snow. But the X with its useless windshield nothing. I think the windshield and side deflectors make it worse. I think it makes for a colder ride as well for the passenger. Pulling in the cold air at speed. Just my observation.

·
boost junkie
10,598 Posts
just stand up..lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the taller windshield and rode in lots of fresh snow and never had much of a problem other than my open pockets filling with snow and snow on my rear which would melt and re freeze when I stood up creating a slick seat. All my other sleds did this too when riding in fresh snow. I'm always having too much fun to let it bother me. I think it's just the nature of the sport.

·
Registered
192 Posts
FWIW i had the exact same issue on my Polaris IQLX..... Seemed to be a LOT worse during warmer weather and caused my panties to be soaked. Solved the issue with KLIM gear... :):):)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Another male polaris rider that wears panties huh? :biggrin_old: Just kidding I like them all when they run and hate them all when they don't!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Ive noticed that if your snowflap is touching the ground that it kicks a bunch of snow back to your ass and running boards. get it up so that the snow can pas under and it helps

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Ive noticed that if your snowflap is touching the ground that it kicks a bunch of snow back to your "edit for bad language" and running boards. get it up so that the snow can pas under and it helps
It'll Also Help Your Sled OverHeat. The Flap Is There To Keep The Snow From Passing Right Out The Back

1 - 20 of 24 Posts