Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished the paint, new trac and skid, then I lost compression fast. It fell from 130 to 90. Thirty years old, I'm guessing it lost a ring or crank seal.

Just looking for opinions on where to go for parts, hints on what to do and what not to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
you could look in dennis kirk for the parts you need

they have a lot of stuff

·
Registered
102 Posts
Most like not the seals but it is aways good to replace them anyways. In my area, Osseo Minnesota, there is deal who used to sell JD sleds and still has some parts. Otherwise the above mentioned sites are good.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Alot of compainies made sleds harley davidson made sleds along with johnson there were tons but the 70's gas crisis did them in

·
Registered
191 Posts
my friend has a 1973 jd 400

·
Registered
264 Posts
The gas crisis got most of them but Deere, Moto-Ski and Kawasaki held on until the mid 80s. It's too bad them didn't stick around. I'm a die hard Doo guy but it would have been nice to see something other than the big four on the trails.

Is that a trailfire, phishook? What year?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The gas crisis got most of them but Deere, Moto-Ski and Kawasaki held on until the mid 80s. It's too bad them didn't stick around. I'm a die hard Doo guy but it would have been nice to see something other than the big four on the trails.

Is that a trailfire, phishook? What year?
This is a 79 or 80 trailfire 440 (fan).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts