Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Doo guy but I have a chance to grab a 77 Rupp Nitro 440. Anyone have and advice, 90% restored, motor etc. Anything I should be looking at? Any advice is appreciated, maybe someone had one back in the day? I heard they were quick? Not sure really what to offer for a fair price either, I tried a Rupp forum but not much luck yet getting any info.

Thanks

·
Registered
984 Posts
I believe 77' was pretty close to the end of the line for Rupp. The Nitro 440 was a competitor on the race tracks, but Rupp's pockets were empty and soon closed up shop.

If it is mostly complete, starts and drives Its worth $800 all day long. If its not abused I'd say leave it repaired, not restored. To many guys wreck a good sled thinking they can take it apart and make it look new by painting it with Tremclad. Keep the scuffs and scar's, make everything work and ride the ____ out of it.
Then when it looks good and runs better its an easy sell at $1500.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Ok ... You posted the picks while I was responding.

Now that I see it, its in nice shape. forget my prices I quoted, I don't know what that's worth but the seller knows what he wants ... I'd offer $5 bucks to break the ice and open the bidding. Haha

·
Registered
381 Posts
Contact Jim who is president of the Northern Lights Snowmobile Club in Three Lakes Wi. He is into Rupps. I believe the 77' models were produced by Arctic Cat. Laddie (collie)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I made an offer and he took it, so I dragged it home with me, it was pretty to leave behind. Interesting sleds, Thanks for the advice, keep it coming

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Those are very fast sleds. My brother back in the day had the alouette equivalent the super brute. 440 Xenoah is a beast 38mm carbs twin pipes. Nice sled.Never smuck the front bumper and your golden lol. I don't think much is available parts wise. I recall back when he had his couldn't even get gaskets for it had to make them. Wiseco pistons about all that was reproduced back then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts