Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i have a 06 mach with crankshop pipes and boondocker box and clutching, studs to, anyways i was curious as to what nitrous kit is the best one out there and how much of shot can u go, previously i have heard boondocker kit is no good, but just want some opinions, on whats the best bang for the buck. thanks guys for the help

·
Registered
428 Posts
Muslebee_06 said:
Hi there, i have a 06 mach with crankshop pipes and boondocker box and clutching, studs to, anyways i was curious as to what nitrous kit is the best one out there and how much of shot can u go, previously i have heard boondocker kit is no good, but just want some opinions, on whats the best bang for the buck. thanks guys for the help
[snapback]724517[/snapback]​
big thunder

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what the diff between that one and boon docker, and does it require fuel box for the kit or does it come with one, curious about details and how big of shot it can handle, thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
Muslebee_06 said:
I ran the Boondockers kit, it worked well no probs and added about 6-8 sled lengths in 1000 ft with the 4 hole nozzels.But the Big Thunder is getting alot of good reviews.

·
Registered
428 Posts
catgotodoo said:
Muslebee_06 said:
I ran the Boondockers kit, it worked well no probs and added about 6-8 sled lengths in 1000 ft with the 4 hole nozzels.But the Big Thunder is getting alot of good reviews.

[snapback]724794[/snapback]​
the big thunder does not have a fuel box but a 20oz bottle of race fuel that mixes with the nos. i have only had it for a short time but just yesterday i raced another mach and he had at least 8 to 10 sled lenght head start and i did not flip the switch until about half way and blew buy him like he was standing still.

·
Registered
215 Posts
[snapback]725093[/snapback]​
[/quote]
$1250
[snapback]725114[/snapback]​
[/quote]
$1250 is that US or Canadian?
I too am interested in what is the best set up for the money,and what these kits come with like boondocker or big thunder?

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
If you want to go faster, get rid of the 1000 and get a 800 Mod. Same set up as yours, piepes, NOS, long track, studs, and some other still couldnt beat my 800 mod in a drag race. Almost disgraceful, lol. Anyways, as for your NOS, I would look at BOSS nos. Have it on one of our sleds, works great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
correct me if i am wrong but does the big thunderkit go directy in the motor, and if so i would like to know if anyone has had it on there machines for a while and if its hurting the motor any, or if it will hold up run after run

i do believe the boondocker kit goes through the air box and is more friendly on the motor, if this is the case then it seems to me that boondocker would be a safer way to go on motors, but correct me if i am wrong guys, i am just new to this nitrous and looking for peoples opinion and experiences on it, thanks alot for the help

·
Registered
428 Posts
Muslebee_06 said:
correct me if i am wrong but does the big thunderkit go directy in the motor, and if so i would like to know if anyone has had it on there machines for a while and if its hurting the motor any, or if it will hold up run after run

i do believe the boondocker kit goes through the air box and is more friendly on the motor, if this is the case then it seems to me that boondocker would be a safer way to go on motors, but correct me if i am wrong guys, i am just new to this nitrous and looking for peoples opinion and experiences on it, thanks alot for the help
[snapback]725221[/snapback]​
the nozzles go in the throttle bodies and give jonny a call at sled-x and he can tell you a lot more they have alot more mile with the kit than i do. as for the 800mod keep dreaming we'll wake you when its time

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Muslebee_06 said:

I have had it on my sled all year, my mach has 5000 miles on it, never been apart, turboman 538 on this site ran it all last year with no problems. As far as which one to buy its a no brainer. The big thunder kit is capable of making so much more power safely than anything else on the market. No other kits mix with good fuel. Comes with a microswitch so there is no button, noone can even tell you have it until you race them. You can drive bye someone so fast it causes them to laugh inside their helmet. My stock mach z with this kit went 140 on the digital in approx 1500 feet. It makes big power and is simple to maintain. I know of someone on this site that had boss nos on his sled and took it off to put this kit on after he raced one, no comparison.

·
Registered
969 Posts
andy670ho said:
Muslebee_06 said:

I have had it on my sled all year, my mach has 5000 miles on it, never been apart, turboman 538 on this site ran it all last year with no problems. As far as which one to buy its a no brainer. The big thunder kit is capable of making so much more power safely than anything else on the market. No other kits mix with good fuel. Comes with a microswitch so there is no button, noone can even tell you have it until you race them. You can drive bye someone so fast it causes them to laugh inside their helmet. My stock mach z with this kit went 140 on the digital in approx 1500 feet. It makes big power and is simple to maintain. I know of someone on this site that had boss nos on his sled and took it off to put this kit on after he raced one, no comparison.
[snapback]726170[/snapback]​
All true. I have run against these guys and let me tell you, I couldn't believe how fast they are. I even took one for a little test run. I am still smiling. This is the real deal. I can beat a boss noss with my stock (clutched) Mach Z. Read an article in I believe snogoer mag. on the boss noss testing. I was not impressed. For anyone that doesn't believe it, come to Michigan and hook up with these guys, they will hand you your "edit for bad language". this kit is very safe and they have run them all year. Look for turboman538. Dale will hook you up.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just got back from northern Wisconsin with the Mach Z with the Big Thunder kit. I was looking for someone to race on Sat. on Lake Minocqua. Well another stock looking Mach Z found me. We lined up and we took off. I sat back a liitle to far and carried the skis 3 1/2 to 4' in the air(Not the best for a race) for a good 200' while the other Mach carried his about 1' in the air. Approx 660' race I had a good 5-8 sled length lead. We both immediatly returned to the line for another go. This time I leaned over the bars and carried the skis the whole 660'. This time at least a 10 sled lead resulted. We circled around to check each others machines out. He was wondering how he got beat so bad since he was running NOS as well. Same basic set-up except he was tapping off his fuel pump to add to his NOS with pump gas where as I have a seperate tank running 110 octane (Alot safer and you can run more NOS). I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to hyper ventilate. (Not at the other guy) But with the adreniline rush you get when you pin the throttle and this thing pulls the skis at any speed!!!! Call Dave,Dale or Sled-X for the most bang for the buck. I also trail ride this Mach with no changes. THANKS DAVE AND DALE.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
I have heard that NOS can be very hard on rings and pistons. Can someone tell me if this is true and also after a year of using this kit has anyone checked out there rings and pistons to see if they need replacing.

Thanks in advance.

Spike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Spike Not one of the customers has had ring/piston problems yet. Dale and I were testing yesterday with big tune ups we ran over 130 in about 1200 feet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts