Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1941 - 1960 of 1962 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,941 ·
Another good dump of snow ... will be ripping for a while yet.. as usual..
Stay Safe..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hoping to start a trip on March 19th ( Friday ) starting in Kirkland Lake, & ending up in Kapuskasing. With all the rain & warm weather happening up there this week , will there still be enough snow left to do this trip ?

How much snow is in that area now ??

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,945 ·
Hoping to start a trip on March 19th ( Friday ) starting in Kirkland Lake, & ending up in Kapuskasing. With all the rain & warm weather happening up there this week , will there still be enough snow left to do this trip ?

How much snow is in that area now ??
I don't think you have to worry about that.. snow depth is at least 3 ft... almost 3 ft of ice on area lakes... in all my years living here.. I have only seen once that most of the snow gone by end of March... this little bit of rain will only really mess with the powder riding...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey Ddaxe, are you up there around KL? Or are you closer to Cochrane? Thinking of running from Ramore to Smooth Rock on Tuesday next week, so I might follow up Sunday/monday to see how things are up there.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,947 ·
Hey Ddaxe, are you up there around KL? Or are you closer to Cochrane? Thinking of running from Ramore to Smooth Rock on Tuesday next week, so I might follow up Sunday/monday to see how things are up there.
Cheers.
I'm closer to Cochrane.. was out for a bit of a run yesterday .. top few inches of snow was sticky ... was piling up in front of the sled... you should be alright.. the season is far from over up this way... not for a few weeks yet..

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I was in KL today , lots of trucks and trailers at the motels . I do not know where they would go as trails are closed .

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,950 ·
I was in KL today , lots of trucks and trailers at the motels . I do not know where they would go as trails are closed .
I don't think they have closed them here in Cochrane...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Rode Cochrane to Kap yesterday, all good. They survived the rain earlier in the week and even got a bit more snow yesterday. Heard it was real good west of Kap too as they may have got less rain. Get up here and ride while you can in the next week, if you can find a room. Every motel is packed right now.
They do have less snow than most years at this time so it may not last as long as it usually does up here this year if another thaw hits.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
66b5a9be7fb78573e6372cae2133227d.jpg

Out on my double track.. I'm calling it a season... the move to muscle car running is close at hand...

Tell us more about the muscle car....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
66b5a9be7fb78573e6372cae2133227d.jpg

Out on my double track.. I'm calling it a season... the move to muscle car running is close at hand...

Can we buy a pass for your trails for next year ?
They're open a lot longer than OFSC.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

1941 - 1960 of 1962 Posts