Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1921 - 1940 of 1962 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Because mommy and daddy say you can't go there safely, the fuel station is closed.

So now all of a sudden because basecamp is closed the local club says it's too dangerous. Wooo, danger stay away little boys and girls.

They think it's mount everest or something, give me a break. I've rode the loop by myself plenty of times. What i do and when is my responsibility.

I don't need a gas station dictating when I should ride. By this logic all trails in Ontario must close after gas station Operating hours.

If it's not covid and nimbys now its friggen gas stations closing trails.

Pathetic.

So don't worry the loop is technically open. It will show green on Thursday to let you know it's now safe to ride. Before that stay off or you will "DIE"

That's for dramatic effect. Scary times folks

Way to go Mill, now they closed the east haha.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Because mommy and daddy say you can't go there safely, the fuel station is closed.

So now all of a sudden because basecamp is closed the local club says it's too dangerous. Wooo, danger stay away little boys and girls.

They think it's mount everest or something, give me a break. I've rode the loop by myself plenty of times. What i do and when is my responsibility.

I don't need a gas station dictating when I should ride. By this logic all trails in Ontario must close after gas station Operating hours.

Pathetic.

So don't worry the loop is technically open. It will show green on Thursday to let you know it's now safe to ride. Before that stay off or you will "DIE"

Way to go? Meaning

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,924 ·

Pathetic.

I think they groomed it last night ... PBR side.. but then someone was spouting off about locals & fishermen who don't have permits ruined the trail... didn't sit well with me.. and I'll just leave it at that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I think they groomed it last night ... PBR side.. but then someone was spouting off about locals & fishermen who don't have permits ruined the trail... didn't sit well with me.. and I'll just leave it at that...

I know I'm slow but no idea if you are referring to me or something I did.

Anyway it's green now, Thur-sun. The red mon-wed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anyone know if C trail from Shining tree to Timmins has been groomed and rideable ? or the L143 ?

hoping they are just showing red closed as they cross health regions, but have been kept up "if" restrictions open up ?

had a trip planned "If" allowed

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Anyone know if C trail from Shining tree to Timmins has been groomed and rideable ? or the L143 ?
hoping they are just showing red closed as they cross health regions, but have been kept up "if" restrictions open up ?
had a trip planned "If" allowed
Still low snow. They need more to cover all the rocks etc on the hydro lines.

Also logging operations just south of shining tree has the trail closed until it re-routed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Still low snow. They need more to cover all the rocks etc on the hydro lines.

Also logging operations just south of shining tree has the trail closed until it re-routed.

Thats disappointing.

thanks for the update.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,930 ·
I know I'm slow but no idea if you are referring to me or something I did.

Anyway it's green now, Thur-sun. The red mon-wed.

absolutely not.. you didn't say anything wrong ... it was on facebook ...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Closed Monday - Wednesday according to previous post.
Maybe ddaxe can comfirm or do that facebook thing.
Sounds like the other Dougie drove another nail in this season's plans.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,933 ·
I think the outpost closed during the lockdown .. didn't make sense to be open with very limited amount of riders ... that what I've heard.. though that might change when things open back up.. ripping cold here this
morning -31 .. -39 w/windchill...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I think the outpost closed during the lockdown .. didn't make sense to be open with very limited amount of riders ... that what I've heard.. though that might change when things open back up.. ripping cold here this
morning -31 .. -39 w/windchill..

I like that much better than above 0C temps....No melting going on and conditions are getting better on / off trails. Just dress accordingly. :righton

·
Registered
176 Posts
IMG_20210218_1524337.jpg IMG_20210218_1524337.jpg IMG_20210219_1558299.jpg

Back from a week in the James Bay Lowlands. Trails were perfect. Fresh groomed, no one riding , set up for days at -30 . Track and carbide bite were phenomenal . Least amount of snow off trail that I have seen there in a dozen years. Hydro, gas lines and ditches all tracked to ship and frozen not fun to ride at all. Saw no enforcement on the trails , or many sleds for that matter. Lots of opp driving by saw our sleds and trailer and did not stop. Motel owner was overjoyed to see us. He had 2 other one night guests in the week we were there

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Oops double pic . Can't seem to edit. Funny , temps were close to -30 yet every 50- 60 k noticed engine temps creeping up. With the snow dust and temps tunnels were packing snow and freezing . had to stop and knock ice bigger than any pike I have caught out of the tunnel then engine temps dropped right back down.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,937 ·
Dougie ... your were about 100+ miles south of the beginning of the James Bay Lowlands.. the beginning starts shortly after Coral Rapids..

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just pointed the summit north and went . It was all down hill . Saw the northland with 3 engines doing catwalks in front of the mill in Kap . I thought hmmm that must be Daxe's wife.

·
Registered
514 Posts
My buddy is a (the?) shop manager for the ONR in North Bay.

5" of fresh heavy wet snow falling in NB currently. expecting another 6" or so tonight into tomorrow AM.

Mild, +single digit highs on the weekend unfortunately.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Friday was my second ride of the year. ugg...

North Bay to Sundridge and back, were all perfect.

Saturday they got mushy.

Sunday was +8* and melted a lot. Got cold overnight and now everything is like a rock. hard, hard, hard.

Supposed to get a bit of snow early this week, 5cm Tuesday then nothing else. Plus temps everyday after Mar 8th, minus temps at night though.

1921 - 1940 of 1962 Posts