Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a trip to Canada for the first time and was thinking about the north shore loop. Can anyone tell me if there is an enforced speed limit? Also, is there plenty of off trail riding along that loop? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
799 Posts
The speed limit is 50kmh on all Ontario trails. Hardly anyone abides by it. I've had 1 ticket in over 50,000miles and 20+ years of riding. It's $110 cad and has no impact on driving privileges. Frankly if you didn't pay it, it would be sent to collections-a private for profit company who bought the debt.

In other words don't concern yourself with it!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't concern your self with the speed limit up here I've never seen anybody enforcing it out on the trail only on trails that go right through towns.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
As above 50kms, and is it 20 in town?

or 31mph?

http://www.ofsc.on.ca/

In the middle of nowhere? I tend to push that limit, x2 or x3?

Depends on the trail and traffic, and area knowledge.

Enforced? More in towns or close to town.

Make sure all your paperwork is up to date.

Reactions: Neurotoxin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks a lot for your help. Trying to head up last week in February. Hopefully there's some snow by then. Looks like a lot of the north shore loop is still closed or has "limited availability". I imagine the snows still too thin???

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
As with much of the north we have been experiencing some warming trends......so ya, unfortunately, in some places it's been reeking havoc on the trails :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts