Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering if everyone that swapped to 3 inch tracks on their xm (that came with 2.5) is having this track wear. I run my track pretty tight, almost more then I'm comfortable with. Is this happening to your tracks as well? Everything stock except 7 tooth avids and extended axle. 156" 9225M track. Rubbing on the coolers I'm sure.

c89b9fd11f8234abc967302e2038557f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
It seems strange to have that on what appears to be the trailing edge of the lug. Did you spin the track in reverse trying to get unstuck?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No its on the leading edge. Trailing edge is mint. Have about 1000mi+ on this track.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ahh. When I zoomed in next to the letters stamped on the track I can see the arrow showing the direction of rotation. My bad. Strange that the other lug in the pic looks new. It looks like you have spun the track on something where as the other lug looks good.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha no worries. Damage is isolated to center lugs. All center lugs have the same markings while the side lugs are fine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'll bet a nickel that its softer rubber than the outer lugs.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its rubbing on the tunnel cooler right above the front skid shock. i was just wondering if everyone who swapped to 3 inch with stock chaincase and 7 tooth drivers were experiencing the same issue. defiantly a major concern of premature track wear but im not sure how to remedy it without dropping the chaincase. the outside lugs are unaffected since they rub on smooth metal instead of the cooler fins the middle lugs are exposed to.

·
Registered
134 Posts
its rubbing on the tunnel cooler right above the front skid shock. i was just wondering if everyone who swapped to 3 inch with stock chaincase and 7 tooth drivers were experiencing the same issue. defiantly a major concern of premature track wear but im not sure how to remedy it without dropping the chaincase. the outside lugs are unaffected since they rub on smooth metal instead of the cooler fins the middle lugs are exposed to.
either gonna have to shave center lugs or drop chaincase a think...buddy got a shop to build his 163 into a 174 t3 they didnt drop the chaincase and ended up rubbing on the heat exchanger....so now he has a 174 2.5...very dissapointing

·
Slednuck
1,982 Posts
No rubbing on mine. T3 drivers seem to give more clearance than the avids.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do the t3 drivers use the same driveshaft as the non t3 sleds?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the suggestion never thought of that. I'll look into it. Have a year left on my warranty so not sure if I should dump more money into it or trade up next year.

·
"The most hated man on DooTalk"
20,506 Posts

·
"The most hated man on DooTalk"
20,506 Posts
I checked my track and I'm getting the same wear. I tightened up my track as I could here it hitting the front cooler when the paddles came around when headed down hill, plus I was getting some track ratchet. The track is set pretty tight, but I don't hear anymore rubbing on the front cooler.

I'd tighten your track up pretty tight!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks I tightened a bit more yet, see how it goes on the hill next week!

·
Registered
5 Posts
have the same wear marks with the same track on my 154 freeride w. t-3 driveshaft, gonna do big johns relocate this summer and hopefully cures it

its crazy how tight we have to run these tracks..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts