Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently refilled my chaincase(Synthetic AT fluid) and am pretty sure it went back together properly. Pretty sure cause my sled now has a strange whirring sound coming from the area. It comes on around 50+ k and stays. It goes away while the brake is applied and returns immediately when it's released. I checked the pads and they still have lots of life left. They aren't seized either, they move easily.
Like I said, I put the cover back on and believe all assembly was done correctly. It doesn't make sense to me that something in the case would make noise, and then stop when more resistance (like the brake) is applied. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance guys. Any help is mucho-appreciado.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't touch the chain at all. What doesn't make sense (at least to me) is that it goes away with the break applied.
I don't know anything about the gears, bearing etc inside but my gut tells me they should be noisier if I increase the load when braking and staying on the gas. Any thoughts???
Thx.
DVO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.