Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I would like to say hello Iam new to this site and hope it can help me, so I thank everyone in advance for their help.

Okay the problem is I own a 2001 MXZ 800 and recently the top end performance has been very low. I can only get 150 km/h out of it. I know there is something wrong because earlier in the year it would pull 170-175.

The mechanic says the DPM box is done, he says it afterfires and bogs. Before I brought it in however nothing like this was happening just no top end, the throttle responce was fine but fell on it's face at 140.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks, Josh

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
what are the rpm's doing?your whole problem may be it needs a new belt.what kind of shape is it in? need more info. do a compression test.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just put a new belt on along with a new DPM box.

It revs to 8200 but it wont go past 140-145, It really sucks getting beat by 600's.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
time to check and/or rebuild. your clutches. motor should redline at 7850.your clutches help hold the motor to that RPM as they shift up.they obviously are not working not getting the speed you used to,and are over revving.

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,212 Posts
2001 MXZ said:
First off I would like to say hello Iam new to this site and hope it can help me, so I thank everyone in advance for their help.

Okay the problem is I own a 2001 MXZ 800 and recently the top end performance has been very low. I can only get 150 km/h out of it. I know there is something wrong because earlier in the year it would pull 170-175.

The mechanic says the DPM box is done, he says it afterfires and bogs. Before I brought it in however nothing like this was happening just no top end, the throttle responce was fine but fell on it's face at 140.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks, Josh
[snapback]749173[/snapback]​
Have you cleaned the RAVEs lately? A stuck closed valve will kill your top end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts