Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No spark (crossing the plug gap) on pto cylinder, tried 3 new plugs. Other 2 cylinder running perfect and strong. Any thoughts? Coil failure? or is it stator related?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
01Mach_Z said:
No spark (crossing the plug gap) on pto cylinder, tried 3 new plugs. Other 2 cylinder running perfect and strong. Any thoughts? Coil failure? or is it stator related?
[snapback]747507[/snapback]​
sounds like a coil or wire problem, now is the time for the coil update that I have, and no more stator or ignition problems...
414-852-3534

·
Registered
21 Posts
Probably a coil, a wire, or could possibly be the module under the engine; but usually when they go they go completely; no spark any cylinder.
I had a '95 that had a CDI module that would start dropping cylinders when the sled got warm, but ran fine when it was cold.
I hate electrical problems. Working through one now on my 2001 Mach Z Tech Plus. Appears to be the MPEM. Sure am glad that they guy that I bought it from is ponying up for the new one (500.00) Mine has no spark. Power going into MPEM, but none coming out on the ignition plug.

01Mach_Z said:
[snapback]747507[/snapback]​

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think that ignition fires all three plugs at the same time,(at least the non mpem does) so you should be able to switch plug wires to try and determine what's not working.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said I hace perfect spark on coils 1 and 2 . I f I run #2 wire to #3 cylinder it will run that cylinder. So it is just #3 coil or what feed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts