Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys brand new to the forum so any guidance would be awesome.

I've got a 2003 mxz550f my dad and I are working on and I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on. We bought it partially disassembled because the previous owner didn't want to pay for the repairs that the shop found way back when. At the time it had a cracked magneto but I believe otherwise ran, possibly rough?

We picked it up and my dad replaced the stator and magneto (magneto on the old was already pulled when we got it). We went to start it and there was no spark. Used my multi-meter to check for ac current coming from the stator plug and that checked out, and then I also disconnected the kill switch and tested for resistance and that checked out too. Finally I tested the resistance in the tether last night and that was ok as well. What am I failing to see here?

Previous owner put in a new rectifier and plugs. This thing is a pull start with no battery or fuse box. Any ideas of what I should do next ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kevin, did you ever get your spark issue resolved? If so, what ended up being the problem? I'm having a similar issue on a 2003 MXZ 380F (no spark). Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts