Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost the engine in my 2004 MXZ 800 HO due to a bad thermostat. I rebuilt the engine from the ground up. New top end and crank seals. I also replaced wiring harness due to a minor fire last year.

Upon getting everything back together I cannot get any spark. The stator ohms out fine along with the trigger coils are ohming out ok. I only know of one ground wire that is close to the coil for the spark plugs. Are there any other grounds?

Where can I go from here?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it shuoldnt have I put a lot of miles on the sled after the fire with no issues.. I only changed the harness out because i found a good deal on one when i had the motor pulled.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Your pick up coils are reversed. either switch the coils or reverse the pick up coil wiring pairs in the connector. Gray/yellow~green/yellow with white/yellow~blue/yellow

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the pick up coils cant be reversed. The reason is when i removed the stator, one came off with the silicon stuck to it and the other left the silicon on the case. so when i reinstalled there was only one place they could go.

Can anyone tell me where this 5amp fuse is located so i can check that and rule out this as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts