Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

No Spark 2006 Summit 800

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Daag44 
#1 ·
have 800 summit. Has no spark. We’ve changed coil and have had it in service dept. they checked kill switch and ignition key and all are good. As they can’t hook it up to computer we’re not sure what else to check. Hate to have to buy parts for no reason. Anyone have ideas. ? Please

#2 ·
Stator/stator wires are a fairly common lack of spark problem. Check the wires/plug connections where they go through the crankcase for chaffing/bad connections. I've had issues with the wire plugs in the stator connector in the past. The stator can also be tested with a multimeter, but can check out fine and still be bad. I ran into this problem on a ZX chassis 500. The stator checked out fine, but after replacing EVERYTHING else, i swapped stators and it fixed it.

#3 ·
I've had issues with the wire plugs in the stator connector in the past. The stator can also be tested with a multimeter, but can check out fine and still be bad.
The connector is certainly something to check prior to replacing the stator, and will lead to a stator failure. FYI on the stator testing, there are other ways to test a problem that shows-up with heat. One of them is to heat the stator with a heat gun for a resistance test. Another is to build a T harness to measure the Vac from the stator while it is powering the sled. But even before reaching that point, the Volt Meter is by far the best and easiest tool to diagnose the stator while riding. One with a USB port is inexpensive and priceless for its use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.