Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my last trip to WY i noticed my high beams quit working. I didn't do anything with it at the time cause we didn't ride at night. I checked it out a little bit yesterday and found it is only the high beams, not the lows, my guages all work, and tailights work. I did have a spare relay and that didn't change anything. I also looked at the wiring around the hi/low switch on the bars and none of the wires are broken or corroded. Also the plug in on the handlebar harness was plugged in. I didn't take the bulbs out, but looking at them, it doesn't appear the hi beam fillament is burnt out. Also I find it hard to believe both would go at the same time.

I have boiled it down to either being a bad connection inside the hi/low switch or the pin inside the plug to the harness is messed up. Both I have not had time to check yet but thought I would get everyone elses opinions/ideas of what else I should look for.

FYI this is a XRS summit which has the 440 style hi/low switch, not the standard cluster with the blue clicker switch.

·
Registered
390 Posts
On mine the high-beam indicator light doesnt light up, but the high-beams do work. Not sure if you've actually watched to see if your lights changed or not, or if your just looking at the indicator.

On that note, what should I look at to fix the indicator light?

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
you need to get to the connector under the handlebars, disconnect it, find the correct wires that got to and from the switch. Not hard at all, you'll need a wire diagram to get the wiring colors.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just put my rev 600 together and at first no tail light cept for when I pull the brake then after riding it through the hard for about two miles (breaking in engine ect checking for things) it started working now I have an alarm that goes off looks something like this (((!))) Third or fourth from right side of bottom warning lights I played with the teather on it and it seems to have stoped I'm gonna check my manual and see what I find out, and at least a wiring harness and left and control buttons came from a sled with an electric starter but my sled doesn't have an option

1 - 9 of 9 Posts