Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Did anyone get a $1 service fee last month on ny ezpass? My pay period is the 27-27th and on the email statement it has a 1$ service fee. Email statements are suppose to be free. I hope they don't start charging a $1 each month.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Starting last Month ( February), EZpass NY was divided into 3 divisions. Your zip code depicts which division you are in. This only applies to out of state or commuter tags. My zip code is PA western side of NY. Any zip codes on the western/ central southern edge of the state is now Port Authority Division and you will be charged $1.00 a month. The lady was very nice and said they are getting a lot of calls especially from Ohio residence. It doesn't apply to NY residence only out of state or "commuters" across the bridges. So if you are coming out of NJ and another bridge on the Eastern side and have a commenter tag you will be charged also. So there's the reason i got charged a $1.00 service fee. I will get one every month from here on out. Boy they really are giving it their all to get every penny for the thruway.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Starting last Month ( February), EZpass NY was divided into 3 divisions. Your zip code depicts which division you are in. This only applies to out of state or commuter tags. My zip code is PA western side of NY. Any zip codes on the western/ central southern edge of the state is now Port Authority Division and you will be charged $1.00 a month. The lady was very nice and said they are getting a lot of calls especially from Ohio residence. It doesn't apply to NY residence only out of state or "commuters" across the bridges. So if you are coming out of NJ and another bridge on the Eastern side and have a commenter tag you will be charged also. So there's the reason i got charged a $1.00 service fee. I will get one every month from here on out. Boy they really are giving it their all to get every penny for the thruway.
Unless you are a NY resident, Uncle Andy will find any way to empty your wallets.

Oh wait, he does that to NY residents, too!

·
Super Moderator
31,779 Posts
Unless you are a NY resident, Uncle Andy will find any way to empty your wallets.

Oh wait, he does that to NY residents, too!
And with us, he doesn't even ask if he can kiss us first. :wacko:

·
Registered
26,694 Posts
He didn't mean it inappropriately so it's ok (apparently).

Sent from a Galaxy (S10) far, far away

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
What they did was actually pretty smart/creative thinking. They forced everyone out of state to get the NY ez pass or pay the 12-15 percent up charge for not using their EZ pass.Since they figured out a bunch of us bought the pass for that reason now they still get their money just not as much charging us $12 a year. I'm not really going to complain because Pa was going to charge me $20 a year to have theirs. Ohio doesn't charge anything which I run more of but then pay more for each run in NY. Besides Ohio is still cash. If I run 10 times at $5 a run each way I'm still ahead. I will use it more than 10 times a year. They figured out how to get 1/4 of it back for out of staters.

·
E-Tec Rules
34,971 Posts
Good old NYS . Now there charging $1 extra for dmv transactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
ok here is what you need to watch out for on this new thruway system there using !

If you are towing a trailer be it with 1 axles and a tow vehicle(pickup) that is under 7'6 you are classified as 3L and charged so much $ as shown on their website.

If your tow vehicle is over 7'6 your now 3H

ive been fighting with them for 2 months over wrong charges to my account the keep saying my vehicle is over 7'6

its a f350 pickup stock not lifted

it ends up being 2$ more each way

So make sure you chk your ez pass account charges when towing!

·
Super Moderator
31,779 Posts
Read my post and tricounty trails posts above - both our trailers magically changed heights on the same trip.

I'm telling you, this isn't happening by accident.

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
Read my post and tricounty trails posts above - both our trailers magically changed heights on the same trip.

I'm telling you, this isn't happening by accident.
MX-Z ,

the way i read the website an the person on the phone they care less about the height of your trailer its the height of the vehicle towing the trailer.

but yes if you have 2 axles or more under the trailer an your tow vehicle (pickup) is 7'6 or less your class will be 4L

above 7'6 =4h

dual wheel pickup 5L or 5h

but something is wrong with their system an they won't admit it

ps also you don't need the different ez pass transponders any more when towing, just the normal white one

Reactions: MX-Z Man

·
Super Moderator
31,779 Posts
I think it's all confused. From my earlier post about doing back-to-back trips, one with the trailer one without;

On the trip with just the truck they have me listed as a Class 2L. For the trip with the trailer they have me listed as a Class 4H in one section and a Class 4L for the rest of it.

So absolutely something is wrong with their system an they won't admit it. It's NYS, they're NEVER wrong! :headbang

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
A UPDATE TO ABOVE ^^^^ SUBJECT

I received a refund of $4.00 for my trip on the thruway after sending countless emails to the my ez-pass account.

still waiting for more refunds on other trips !

all i can say is check your accounts if you tow on the thruway.

from your account open a inquiry and send a screen shot of your trips where your vehicle changes class an send it in .

if we don't do this they are taking are money .

please pass this around on social media also .

I am.

·
E-Tec Rules
34,971 Posts
Cant make this staff up lol

my BIL got letter in mail for $55 ezpass bill. some one in dodge truck drove through the ezpass and it could not read plate number. so they found part of number and that partially matched it with bil's seadoo hull number. so they used those number to send bill to him lol

161 - 180 of 194 Posts