Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,779 Posts
I'd say unbelievable but it's a government "authority" (read unelected, unaccountable) so I'm not even a little surprised.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Cant make this staff up lol

my BIL got letter in mail for $55 ezpass bill. some one in dodge truck drove through the ezpass and it could not read plate number. so they found part of number and that partially matched it with bil's seadoo hull number. so they used those number to send bill to him lol
That’s racist

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Did something change after the 1st of 22 with the NY tolls? Somehow, and don’t understand, but I ran up Friday and didn’t get charged at all. Ran back yesterday and only got charged 1/2 normal rate. I’m not complaining it only cost $1.96. It should have been $3.11 per way or $6.22 total. at least last year consistently that’s what it was on many trips. I’m confused? Going up was after dark and return during the day, That shouldn’t matter. We’ll see if they send me a bill.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I think some of the charges are coming in late. I ran to UP on the 23 and didn't get some of the charges until the 26th. They also messed up the height/class on a couple legs

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Watch your bills guys! Not sure how this happened but my toll just posted about 30 minutes ago. on my account I got charged $1.96 for Saturday January 29th. It shows I got on the ramp I did around the same time and even got off at the same time at the exit I did get off. This was posted within hours of the actions. Today it posted my toll for Friday January 28th. Yes the later day was posted first and the earlier day took 4 days. It posted the exit I got off and entered at correct times but the fee was my normal at $3.11. Then I saw it. Can’t explain but the $1.96 is not my tag number? The tag numbers are not the same on my statement. I just checked my blue and white tags and the $1.96 tag number listed is not mine. Somehow I got someone else’s toll. had to be the car beside me, behind me or infront of me? How can this happen. Not sure I should call or not. I just read 4 or 5 posts back this happened with a dodge truck. How does someone else’s tag get to my account or statement And mine not show up. Why did the wrong tag show up first and my tag show up 4 days later on the bill? I’m going to wait 3 more days and see if my toll appears. If it does I’ll call. If not I’ll leave it be. I must be the most unlucky guy with NY tolls. I ran Ohio a bunch this past summer and never had any problems. Since last May, NY has been consistent until this past weekend.

·
Super Moderator
31,779 Posts
It's an "Authority" - unelected, unaccountable, untouchable, appointed by their cronies.

We had to do a run to Rochester earlier this week, unbelievable the rebuilding of the rest stops. I'm sure you saw, they're not remodeling, they leveled the old ones! And here I thought the state was broke.

·
Super Moderator
18,654 Posts
I went to Ingles Performance to pick up my 1200 from service in August. It’s only an hour and half from my house. All we did was go to ingles, eat at Tullys and went home. I was towing my Triton hybrid trailer.

It cost me 19.22 one way!!! That’s right, a shade under $40 to drive an hour and half from my house and only 1 hour on the actual thru-way. Fricken bs! Done longer drives same truck and trailer before cashless and didn’t pay half that.

My wife had been all over hell and creation with our Suv driving her mom to appointments and her five bills combined haven’t totaled my one.

Oh and my wife’s sister had to move in with my mother in law while her house is being done and now she lives 30 mins from work. So she’s started using the thruway more then previously. NYS determined her previous EZ pass fee no longer was “fair” and now charge her something like $55 a month for the pass, which is more then double what she was paying.

But like Bruce mentioned above they are rebuilding like everything new like we are rich.. FNY…

·
E-Tec Rules
34,971 Posts
It's an "Authority" - unelected, unaccountable, untouchable, appointed by their cronies.

We had to do a run to Rochester earlier this week, unbelievable the rebuilding of the rest stops. I'm sure you saw, they're not remodeling, they leveled the old ones! And here I thought the state was broke.
They were some nice buildings. Just redone years ago. Shame to see them torn down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
E-Tec Rules
34,971 Posts
I went to Ingles Performance to pick up my 1200 from service in August. It’s only an hour and half from my house. All we did was go to ingles, eat at Tullys and went home. I was towing my Triton hybrid trailer.

It cost me 19.22 one way!!! That’s right, a shade under $40 to drive an hour and half from my house and only 1 hour on the actual thru-way. Fricken bs! Done longer drives same truck and trailer before cashless and didn’t pay half that.

My wife had been all over hell and creation with our Suv driving her mom to appointments and her five bills combined haven’t totaled my one.

Oh and my wife’s sister had to move in with my mother in law while her house is being done and now she lives 30 mins from work. So she’s started using the thruway more then previously. NYS determined her previous EZ pass fee no longer was “fair” and now charge her something like $55 a month for the pass, which is more then double what she was paying.

But like Bruce mentioned above they are rebuilding like everything new like we are rich.. FNY…
Have her get commuter plan. $88 a year. Drive 30 miles for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MX-Z Man

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 · (Edited)
I know, I know…….I started this mess 2 years ago. Want to hear something funny? I ran to the ADK, Vermont etc and had a great time. when I callled to get my spyder on the ezpass in case I needed to run the thruway the guy entered everything in for me. He said he’d send me a motorcycle ezpass. It’s water resistance and gets a less rate than the traditional white one. ”guess what color it is?” GREEN. :LOL:So now I have 2 white, 1 blue and 1 green transponder! Just came today. I guess I’ll test it when I run to my sisters house next! Yep ANOTHER COLOR!:ROFLMAO: That’s funny!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
You know I just put some thought into this color transponder thing………..it shouldn’t have been green because those darn blue/green colorblind guys would be all messed up. Imagine those guys running a huge trailer and truck but put the mini motorcycle transponder in the truck by mistake. Try explaining that! Why not yellow? Wait the white gets sun beaten and turns a pale yellow. Nope, How about black? Na that will melt? Purple? To close to blue when it fades. Red? Na that means ”STOP USING THE DAMN THING,” I guess green works, Next, all electric car gets the green transponder because it causes less road damage:p so motorcycles will be ……….wait for it………..orange? Come on……you got to laugh at that!

181 - 194 of 194 Posts