Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 17 XRS in in the XS chassis, and only the 800 is available.

What are the chances a Fall release GEN4 XRS with a new 600 motor?

·
Registered
321 Posts
My dealer was told at dealer show by brp that no new motors of any kind for 2-3 yrs. dont know if i can believe this or not. Seems like they could use the 850 bottom end for new 600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
You guys know that they released one now right

Reactions: ELF and 19MXZ98

·
Boondocking Connoisseur
1,175 Posts
Nothing this year, but expect the 650 within the next two years. Also say goodbye to the 550f and 600 carb (gotta love the EPA!)

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
tweener, on 10 Mar 2016 - 6:50 PM, said:

The 17 XRS in in the XS chassis, and only the 800 is available.

What are the chances a Fall release GEN4 XRS with a new 600 motor?
Nick , I would expect atleast another XRS 600 for you guys , even if it is the same as last year . Better luck health wise next year

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nothing this year, but expect the 650 within the next two years. Also say goodbye to the 550f and 600 carb (gotta love the EPA!)
maybe, maybe not.. I believe the EPA reg is that a certain percentage of the fleet has to meet the standards or order to allow for something like the 600 sport. Not sure if that changes, but thats the way it has been from what i hear.

·
Boondocking Connoisseur
1,175 Posts
maybe, maybe not.. I believe the EPA reg is that a certain percentage of the fleet has to meet the standards or order to allow for something like the 600 sport. Not sure if that changes, but thats the way it has been from what i hear.
Correct, it's a credit system. Fortunately BRP can use their evinrude etec's for additional credit.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
I dont see the sport going away just yet

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, If no new 600 is coming anytime soon, that means any 600 sled is going to remain in the XS chassis for several years, and I just dont see that happening. Racing needs a new chassis, both Sno-X and XC. The rules require a 600, and the 600ETEC wont fit in the new chassis.

Reactions: skidont

·
Registered
708 Posts
It's extremely hard to believe that they wouldn't at least do some modification to the 600. It is a great motor but evolution is necessary in any motor sport. I'm sure Poo is working on their 600 as well. I think the Cat 600 is going to be around for a while. I haven't heard anything bad about it.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
I guess it will be in 2018 or 2019 release

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Sounds like it is more beefed up than normal xrs

·
Super Moderator
17,984 Posts
There will be no new 600 for years. In fact the current 600etec and all current 4strokes stay in XS for years to come. There will not be anything new but the xrs and freeride joining the new chassis with the 850 next year.

As stated above the 600 carb is done. If you want one order it this season.

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,212 Posts
Reactions: uprider800
1 - 20 of 39 Posts