Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do a bit of a trip next weekend up in the north and wondering if anybody can let me know how long it would take to do each of these runs? Probably start in NL and head up to Cochrane for a night and then down to Timmins for a night and then back to NL.

Let me be clear - we are not racing. We like to enjoy the time out there and will ride at a moderate pace with stops for scenery and food etc.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Cochrane to Timmins is easy 1/2 day. Timmins to NL is a long haul back to NL...plan on a full day again.

Reactions: revrnd

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I was planning a big trip from NL to Cochrane- Hearst
there having a big problem trail Matheson north to Val gange is red and they are having landowner problems. I have sent emails and ask questions on Facebook it doesn't sound like it's going to be open in time. I'm hoping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I'm going tomorrow with the groomer op to pack the trail from were Timmins is green to Matheson.It should be groomed next week.The land owner problem is fixed,the big problem is OFSC pulled our groomer.Now it is a learning curve to get every thing back on track.Also we had no snow and when it did come we had no ice.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I booked a trip to Timmins starting Feb 8th and were staying at the Cedar Meadows resort. does anyone know how far outside Timmins that place is? Also from there to Cochrane doesn't seem far km wise on the trail guide does it actually take a half a day to get there? I rode in Cochrane last year and we were getting around quite a bit faster then expected since a lot of the trails are straight and fast. Just wondering if Timmins to Cochrane was the same kind of thing have never been to Timmins to sled.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I booked a trip to Timmins starting Feb 8th and were staying at the Cedar Meadows resort. does anyone know how far outside Timmins that place is? Also from there to Cochrane doesn't seem far km wise on the trail guide does it actually take a half a day to get there? I rode in Cochrane last year and we were getting around quite a bit faster then expected since a lot of the trails are straight and fast. Just wondering if Timmins to Cochrane was the same kind of thing have never been to Timmins to sled.
It's still in Timmins basically.

It's by the "new" bridge bypass

Reactions: Chazm107

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I would say 2 to 2.5 hrs,at a reasonable pace.( now define reasonable LOL )

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Looking to do a bit of a trip next weekend up in the north and wondering if anybody can let me know how long it would take to do each of these runs? Probably start in NL and head up to Cochrane for a night and then down to Timmins for a night and then back to NL.

Let me be clear - we are not racing. We like to enjoy the time out there and will ride at a moderate pace with stops for scenery and food etc.
NL to Cochrane is a full day,Timmins to NL full day.And for those that say it can be done faster yes but did you see anything.Also which way,are you going KL to Englehart or to Elk Lake to NL

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm thinking of doing a similar loop in a couple weeks. Does anyone know if you have to buy all passes inline or if I can buy when I arrive at hotel?

·
Registered
272 Posts
if you mean trail passes then best to buy online and print if your just visiting. I haven't seen many hotels that sell trail passes.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
To stretch the Cochrane to Timmins leg, you might want to take TOP A over to SRF then down TOP C to Timmins.

Anyone know if Cedar Meadows is charging to use the hot tub? They were in 2012. Only reason we stayed there was sled issues & a hockey tourney.

Check the mileage link in my signature for more info.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yeah they are still charging to use there "hot bath" they call it. I'm booked to stay there for my upcoming sled trip.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To stretch the Cochrane to Timmins leg, you might want to take TOP A over to SRF then down TOP C to Timmins.

Anyone know if Cedar Meadows is charging to use the hot tub? They were in 2012. Only reason we stayed there was sled issues & a hockey tourney.

Check the mileage link in my signature for more info.
Please tell me it's not this place LOL

43572e2229dde8b5b388be565cc40a8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts