Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow we're heading to the NHRA Races at Bristol (Thunder Valley). We've never been to the drag races before and we're looking forward to it.

For the guys and gals who have been before, any suggestions of things we should and shouldn't do? Or anything else we should know or do.

We're camping at the track so that should be good.

On a side note, I'm really happy with the current fuel prices - it makes budgeting so much easier, just assume $1.00/mile and thats safe. 馃が

Also no need to break in the house while we're gone. The dog is staying home for this one and they'll be someone here taking care of him. 馃槈

life is short, live long
When the top fuel guys go, don't blink. If you're going to be close to the track or cars in the pits, hold your ears when they run the engine.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bring ear plugs, you'll need them. I haven't been to a drag strip in 20 years so I kind of out of the loop.
Paul who owns all the trail cams is a Crew chief a Top Fuel car so he may be down there.
I'm good with the hearing protection, we do the NASCAR stuff 2-3 times a year, although I assume this will be louder.

For those we use headsets with a scanner. Any need for the scanners at the drag races?

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You not only hear it , it will send sound waves through your body. real adrenaline rush. And a side note about those special guys and girls that pilot nitro bikes.........WOW!!!!!!!! can't wait to see them again.
You missed one so I fixed it. The women are just as fearless as the guys!

Better looking too.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Currently sitting in a camping spot in Virginia, should be there tomorrow!

Side note, we're at a spot on we found on Harvest Hosts. If you're a traveling camper and just need a spot for the night check them out. It's the only thing we've ever joined that I'll gladly renew.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Are you a paid spokesperson ? Sorry--I couldn't resist.

Don~
Fair question! Not at all. I normally avoid the "membership" type stuff with a passion. So far this one has been a lot of fun.

We've stayed at at equestrian farm, a huge market, even a brewery (best part of that entire trip!). We were scheduled to stay at a Civil War Farm one trip, that got rained out.

There are a ton of things to chose from, plan your route and pick the place you want to park for the night.

We hit this one as, at this point in my life, I'm not driving to Bristol in one sitting (if I don't have to) and this place is about 4 hours away.

Drove 8 hours today, sitting and enjoying a beer now, we'll take off on a short drive tomorrow.

It's nice not having to push like we used to.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Parked at Bristol. 馃憤

I found where the Global Warming is happening too - it's 馃敟 here. I'm just glad we're parked on blacktop so we really feel it. 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Actually I'm glad we have full hookups, both ACs running, cooling off nicely inside, time for a beer.

Cloud Wheel Tire Bus Sky

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Both A/C's going ???

There goes their profit margin.

Don~
For what we're paying for this site I think they'll be ok. 馃槈

We're not too far from the drag strip, here is the view from the campground.

Cloud Vehicle Plant Mountain Car

1 - 20 of 31 Posts