Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to trailer over from Barre Vt next weekend. We missed last year, so would be great to find enough snow somewhere this year. Any suggestions? Have heard conditions ok in Pittsburgh but that's a bit of a haul from here would find something closer, thanks.

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,285 Posts
Hoping to trailer over from Barre Vt next weekend. We missed last year, so would be great to find enough snow somewhere this year. Any suggestions? Have heard conditions ok in Pittsburgh but that's a bit of a haul from here would find something closer, thanks.
ny city . :wink_old:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be interesting , Plenty of snow but they don't have reciprocal weekend, and Pittsburgh is closer.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
There is ZERO riding in NH other than Pittsburg and points just south. There are 50k NH registered snowmobiles. Pittsburg right now is like one big snowcross race on the weekends. If you go, I suggest wearing a mouthgaurd and chest protector. And I'm only partly kidding.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is ZERO riding in NH other than Pittsburg and points just south. There are 50k NH registered snowmobiles. Pittsburg right now is like one big snowcross race on the weekends. If you go, I suggest wearing a mouthgaurd and chest protector. And I'm only partly kidding.
Was just there this weekend and it wasn't bad at all.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Johnsweather shows the snow depth in Pittsburg at 9.5".. You be the judge

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
  1. No doubt!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hitting the road shortly for Pittsburgh, was always going to check it out someday, looks like someday is today. Could not find any positive trail reports anywhere else in state and don't want to miss reciprocal weekend two years in a row, so we off on an adventure.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Hitting the road shortly for Pittsburgh, was always going to check it out someday, looks like someday is today. Could not find any positive trail reports anywhere else in state and don't want to miss reciprocal weekend two years in a row, so we off on an adventure.
Please report back with an""Honest" trail report.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trails were both, the age old good in the higher elevations, not so good around town. Ran Malvina loop up to the lookout, bony at the start and good as we climbed. Trails near town snow brown from traffic thin stoney getting pretty bumpy by afternoon. Stopped for lunch at Buck Rub Pub, same as trails, plusses and minuses, two hours to get burger and fries, big crowd, food ok and served beer while, you stood waiting for table.glad we went for the adventure, considering the snow cover this season riding ok,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts