Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like the new pickle was squarely aimed at getting some market share back from yammi. 123hp twin 4 stroke. 575lbs.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Doo you think Cat showed all of it's hand yet? I'm thinking not. I'm not to worried about what they come out with, because if we had first year problems, can you just imagine what the cat guys are gonna go through.............LOL

I hope cat does come out with a big dog, it will make Doo sit up and pay attention finally.

·
Registered
823 Posts
there will be a 800cc and a 1000cc maybe over 1000cc and it might me DI too

But that 123hp 575(est)??? *%@ are they thinking???

·
Registered
451 Posts
BlueMax said:
87gtNOS said:
hehe, I think Cat still has one more up their sleaves.
I just hope it's not as fugly as that Zton.
[snapback]721108[/snapback]​

I thought the same thing, but in the pdf flyer that Arctic Cat has out on the Z1 it looks a lot better than photos. By the way, how are the clutches on the stock Apex. How big is this gear reduction to reduce primary clutch speed?
[snapback]721128[/snapback]​
Clutches run nice and cool. Gear reduction in the primary is 1.2333...a little more than the RX1. This sled is a lot of fun. Very well balanced.

From what I see of this new Cat, they are starting off a little heavy. So based on that, Yamaha can only get lighter and more powerful. I think regardless, Cat has a lot of catching up to do.

Maybe Cat still has their answer to the MachZ and Apex....we'll have to wait and see.

But why the heck would performance sled guys like 'us' even think about buying a Z1 Cat??? Nice sled for the touring segment.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from reading the new snowtech it seems that AC and POO are having a hard time with the EPA. the cant bring a big thumper to the party until they get the current lineup all 2009 compliant. BRP is already good through 2010 and possibly 2012 without having to use credits earned for running 4 strokes! I think AC HAD to make the Z! the way it did to please the huggers and "maybe" they will have something faster soon. I did think that the new big thing was going to have the GSXR 1000 bike engine. maybe it is coming but for now I am not impressed. AC also is in a bind right now that they cant afford to slip behing yammi or they will be toast IMHO

Fred

1 - 7 of 7 Posts