Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
Can't happen - at least that's what I've read on DooTalk. Yes, that is sarcasm.

As noted in the other post on Californias ban on small gas engines, this isn't going to stop. The out-of-control power drunk politicians keep pushing, and with the lack of push back they just continue to push more. No matter how much they take it's never enough, they always want more.

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
Don’t vote for losers like those who push these loser bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not that easy - there are enough people in the city to overpower our votes.

We need an electoral college on the state level too.

·
Premium Member
28,388 Posts
Can't happen - at least that's what I've read on DooTalk. Yes, that is sarcasm.
I agree, it won't happen. I don't think any one of us can predict what will happen when we are dead, which is about when all these new changes will take effect. And if we are fortunate enough to see these changes (or unfortunate depending on the changes), we probably won't have any teeth left to smile about having called it lol

·
Ford hater
20,550 Posts

This! I’ve said this for years!

My hs history/social studies teacher didn’t like this… but he made us register to vote and tried to make us all check the D option… he also drove a Subaru Outback and had a last time I couldn’t post on hear, let’s just say it started with a c, but ended with an x and only one letter inbetween

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
There should be some push back on this. As soon as government takes other issues seriously, as far as polluting factories, pesticide/ herbicide use etc. deforestation that are OK because they are within their standards, I will be OK with doing the maximum possible. Heck , there are lots of people around here that burn garbage to get rid of it, used building materials, plastics, whatever, nobody cares. Right now to jump the gun to an all out ban is ridiculous. Snowmobiles have become so much cleaner as have many other things. I could fathom an eventual ban on 2 strokes, but all out ban on something as efficient as an ACE? There are some seriously fuel efficient cars out there, but not a lot are driving them, so many driving a full size truck or SUV just because they can afford it. There is a lot that can be done, but they are going overboard. Too much too soon. It is truly surreal.

·
Premium Member
28,388 Posts
Starts with AC and ends with an X.

Got it: Acid Reflux.

That's an easy one, avoid white bread. I only know this because I own a Subaru ;)

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,786 Posts
I agree, it won't happen. I don't think any one of us can predict what will happen when we are dead, which is about when all these new changes will take effect. And if we are fortunate enough to see these changes (or unfortunate depending on the changes), we probably won't have any teeth left to smile about having called it lol
Some of us have kids and grand kids who will have to deal with this crap after we're gone.

Obviously you don't or don't care.

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
How short sighted of you.

Dude, it's only 14 years away. I certainly plan on still riding 14 years from now. Some of you people need to wake up and take a realistic look at what is actually happening, not what you think might not happen.

·
Registered
986 Posts

So to paraphrase, there are too many people who disagree with me so I can't get I want so lets change the system so I can get what I want.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
So to paraphrase, there are too many people who disagree with me so I can't get I want so lets change the system so I can get what I want.
That's kinda how it's always worked. Our Republic was formed to allow others with differing opinions a say too, regardless of what has gone on the last few years.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Dude, it's only 14 years away. I certainly plan on still riding 14 years from now. Some of you people need to wake up and take a realistic look at what is actually happening, not what you think might not happen.
On the bold... by the same token as "that's only 14 years away"... Dude, that is 14 whole years away. 14 years is a long time for snowmobile technology to progress to the point that a reasonable zero-emissions sled can come to market. I realize that something like that will have compromises (range, weight, etc.), and it will not please everyone, but people adapt. Companies adapt or they go out of business.

Think about the difference in sled technology from14 years ago until now. Better yet, think about how different sleds were designed and performed between 1989 and 2003. That is how far you can progress in 14 years. I am an optimist and think that 15 years from now, we will still be riding, and I am looking forward to seeing how the industry adapts to make that happen.

Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Watercraft
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
They all need to yes, take a hard look at the environmental issues, but as a whole - there are many other places to improve things as well. They are simply concentrating on one area, and going overboard and being unreasonable.

Here in Ontario we used to have a Drive Clean program that required emissions testing before license renewal but they dropped it. Too expensive, no money to be made by garages and yes, the majority of vehicles were likely passing after the initial years putting a lot of polluting vehicles off the road. Since it has been dropped though, I am sure the amount of illegally modified and polluting vehicles is back up. Lots of illegal street bikes on the road as well. Forcing manufacturers to sell more of their very efficient cars, and sell less trucks etc would have helped as would ( I know people will disagree, but if things have to change they have to change) forcing snowmobiles to go 4 stroke only. Would make a big difference while gradually developing electric and see if it can work.

I am sure what is going to happen, is as we get to the time of this ban taking effect, gas prices will go completely crazy to make it impossible for people to operate the gas powered things they have. The theory of people holding onto their existing gas stuff or buying something new just before the ban is not going to work.

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,786 Posts
I think a few of you are missing the point.

No one is opposed to EVs but some of us are opposed to them being the only option.

When the ICE was first introduced as the next best thing horses weren't outlawed.

Although some of these same nut jobs are now talking about eliminating cows so horses may not be far behind.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
On the bold... by the same token as "that's only 14 years away"... Dude, that is 14 whole years away. 14 years is a long time for snowmobile technology to progress to the point that a reasonable zero-emissions sled can come to market. I realize that something like that will have compromises (range, weight, etc.), and it will not please everyone, but people adapt. Companies adapt or they go out of business.

Think about the difference in sled technology from14 years ago until now. Better yet, think about how different sleds were designed and performed between 1989 and 2003. That is how far you can progress in 14 years. I am an optimist and think that 15 years from now, we will still be riding, and I am looking forward to seeing how the industry adapts to make that happen.

View attachment 1976628 View attachment 1976629
serious question. Tesla has been around for about 14 years. have they made any breakthroughs technology wise? I know they have tossed bigger batteries and bigger motors in. But have they created any new technologies to increase range/performance while maintaining same size/weight, or actually reducing it?

I'm thinking their progression would be closer from the PRS mach to the F-series Mach over the 14 years.

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
Or put another way, those in the cities have all the power - my vote, and geographically most of NY votes don't count. Our disgraced former governor won the blue. It's obvious he only needed to pander to the city, while completely ignoring the rest of the entire state. At one point when his daddy was governor Mario only won the 5 NYC boroughs - not one other county in the entire state, and it was enough to win the election. 99% of those in NYC don't give a rip about us and our snowmobiles. There is a reason the Founding Fathers implemented the electoral college system;

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.