Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Hi,
Charlie here in Vermont .Iam planning on heading to Tug Hill or old forge( along with everybody and his grandmother) anyway what does it take for an out of state registered sled with ins etc. to ride legally in nys for a few days and where do you get permits ?
Thank You
Charlie

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
No permit for NYS (unless riding in Old Forge NY)
But you have to register your sled with DMV in New York.
Just Like the rest of us here .Paper work at DMV Monday thru Friday
8-5:00pm. $45 this yr $100 next yr unless you belong to a club.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
GSX800HO said:

Rich
[snapback]700291[/snapback]​
Yep. For some reason NYS is too stupid to issue weekend permits. Apparently we want to make it hard for tourist to come enjoy our trails.

·
Registered
200 Posts
charlie said:
Hi,
Charlie here in Vermont .Iam planning on heading to Tug Hill or old forge( along with everybody and his grandmother) anyway what does it take for an out of state registered sled with ins etc. to ride legally in nys for a few days and where do you get permits ?
Thank You
Charlie
[snapback]700274[/snapback]​
Should you go to Old Forge, I believe a weekend pass is $40 or $45 bucks. It's a ripoff since you can get a season pass for $80, $65 if you purchase it in pre-season. However, they groom 24/7. Unless you're dead set set on Old Forge, go to the Hill.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
yep there is no weekend permit and our dmv is super slow on paper work so if your coming to new york then start doing the paper work now

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
GSX800HO said:

Rich
I'm headed to the hill Friday too. I was told that all I had to have for my NH registered sled was proof of insurance. Is this wrong?

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
DooNH said:
GSX800HO said:

Rich
I'm headed to the hill Friday too. I was told that all I had to have for my NH registered sled was proof of insurance. Is this wrong?

[snapback]702502[/snapback]​
Go herehttp://www.nysparks.com/snow/reg_snow.asp
Rich

sorry I didn't make a link.but you can go there.it shows everything

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
DooNH said:

[snapback]702502[/snapback]​
That would be wrong.
Unfortunately, we do not make it easy for tourist to enjoy our snowmobile trails. You have to have a full NYS Regristration plus proof of insurance or you will be ticketed. And I'm guessing there will be a ton of police on The Hill this weekend - everything from State to DEC to local Sheriffs Dept.

·
Ka-RAY-Zeeee
5,301 Posts
MX-Z Man said:
GSX800HO said:

Rich
Yep. For some reason NYS is too stupid to issue weekend permits. Apparently we want to make it hard for tourist to come enjoy our trails.
[snapback]700321[/snapback]​
Welcome to the land of "everything costs more and you get less for your dollars"

I HATE NY...

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
biggziff said:
I HATE NY...
[snapback]702559[/snapback]​
I don't hate NY, just our tax sucking, money taking, anti-business, social program pushing, anti-recreation, welfare encouraging, anti-tourism, liberal thinking, Hillary electing, gas taxing, job killing, NY City running policies. Other than that, it's a great place to live.

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
MX-Z Man said:
biggziff said:
I HATE NY...
[snapback]702559[/snapback]​
I don't hate NY, just our tax sucking, money taking, anti-business, social program pushing, anti-recreation, welfare encouraging, anti-tourism, liberal thinking, Hillary electing, gas taxing, job killing, NY City running policies. Other than that, it's a great place to live.

[snapback]702599[/snapback]​

How true!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rich

1 - 15 of 15 Posts