Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have been sledding all my life and finally got my hands on a matched set of 2003 Ski Doo Summit 550Fs to ride with the wife. I usually ride old Polaris sleds so these are new for me. Anyhow they are nearly new and run great.

Question: What is up with the off set weird powder skis????? Can I use them on the trail for slow riding and crusing? Do I have to get rid of them or are they ok for non-performance riders like myself?

I did a search on the forums and could not find any info on the pros and cons of these skis and if they are ok on the trail.

Any advice would help. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a used 2009 550f this year, my first time riding bigger skis too. I personally don't notice any less "traction" in terms of steering control on ice, hardpack, or groomed snow. Even if I never end up riding in deep powder I'd keep them. I remember anytime I wandered off trail with skinny skis I was stuck. Hasn't happened with the bigger skis. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I like my 2002 summit much better now that I swapped skis.

·
2nd Whore in command
102,077 Posts
You should be fine with those skis and like it was said if you do get off the trail they will float better than a normal trail sled ski. The ski stance is also adjustable, you can go with the narrow stance for off trail and then flip the spindle 180* and make it a wider stance for a wider trail riding stance.

Welcome to Dootalk!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts