Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
know it is early and maybe sound like a stupid question but someone out there may know the answer as apparently new transmission has been quietly being tested for 3-4 years... when the transmission is in high gear will the reverse be in high also or when in low will reverse be in low ... only sleds I have seen with mechanical reverse had I speed transmission...

·
Registered
67 Posts
know it is early and maybe sound like a stupid question but someone out there may know the answer as apparently new transmission has been quietly being tested for 3-4 years... when the transmission is in high gear will the reverse be in high also or when in low will reverse be in low ... only sleds I have seen with mechanical reverse had I speed transmission...
That's a great question, I guess functionally the electronic reverse on the etecs gives them two forward and two reverse ratios. I'm not sure if that would be the case for the mechanical reverse setup on the 4 strokes. My guess would be that isn't the case.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it appears that the reverse gearing is independent of the high and low gear....

If this gearbox is durable I think ski doo has a winner in this sled... storage room is huge when you remove the back seat and even without doing that.... the wider skis in the front should be an asset... the 900 or 600R seem to good engines...lots of protection and a couple of track options... lots of accs if you don't mind the price tags... not a big fan of all the new electronics but it is the way of the world so we have to learn to live with it...time will tell I guess but looks good at first glance

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
There is just one reverse gear and it is just a thin straight gear independent from the others (as they all are). When it is locked to it's opposing gear that gear is locked to the shaft that spins the chain in the opposite direction and all the other gears (low and high) are free wheeling at that time. Reverse gears in all vehicles are normally light duty and have straight cut gear teeth because that's all they need to go back a short distance and most or all are un-synchronized. None of the sled transmissions have 2 reverse speeds which is true in all vehicles (that I know of) and all are independent from all other gears. Did you ever hear a car with a standard trans whine when in reverse? (straight cut gears).

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
If this gearbox is durable I think ski doo has a winner in this sled... storage room is huge when you remove the back seat and even without doing that.... the wider skis in the front should be an asset... the 900 or 600R seem to good engines...lots of protection and a couple of track options... lots of accs if you don't mind the price tags... not a big fan of all the new electronics but it is the way of the world so we have to learn to live with it...time will tell I guess but looks good at first glance
i don't care about the accessories, all i want a good dependable sled i can't break :p

·
Registered
443 Posts
If brp couldn't make a reliable reverse for the grand touring I doubt this one will work . If i like a sled with high low manual shift why the f#@% would i want an electric shift reverse. Stupid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts