Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99' 670 Ho that i need to replace the track on. I would like to put a 1.25 ripsaw track on but wasnt sure if that would fit, does any one know?? i would also like to stud it as well what size studs work well on that track?? And also does anyone know good places to get tracks?? i know of tracks usa and sled tracks.com

·
Registered
352 Posts
i have a 99' 670 Ho that i need to replace the track on. I would like to put a 1.25 ripsaw track on but wasnt sure if that would fit, does any one know?? i would also like to stud it as well what size studs work well on that track?? And also does anyone know good places to get tracks?? i know of tracks usa and sled tracks.com
i put one on mine and al i had to do was drop the top idler axle down one hole by drilling through the tunnel from the inside

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Grab your handy Dennis Kirk catalog Pick the track you want, they even have a stud height guide, free shipping over $100 bucks too!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Same here, have a studded 1 1/4 ripsaw, just dropped the top idler down. Don't forget to get some 3/4" or 1" tunnel (heat exchanger) protectors. I have the 1" and it's a pretty tight fit but seems ok. You need studs with 1.325" effective length (not overall length) for an 1 1/4 track.

·
RV Mod Maniac
1,660 Posts
im running a 1.5x136 camo intense on my s-chassis. Still extra clearance at the front. I removed that idler axle all together to gain the clearance i needed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
im running a 1.5x136 camo intense on my s-chassis. Still extra clearance at the front. I removed that idler axle all together to gain the clearance i needed.
I have a 1998 mxz 500, needs a new track. my cousin has a 08 tnt track.. I'm assuming it would
fit on the 98..
Can someone confirm?

Same pitch on those..? 3.00 or 2.52 ?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I think they might be 120"x15" wide on the '08's but not positive. If so, it's a no go!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a 1998 mxz 500, needs a new track. my cousin has a 08 tnt track.. I'm assuming it would
fit on the 98..
Can someone confirm?

Same pitch on those..? 3.00 or 2.52 ?
will not fit! your 500 has the 2.52 pitch. if your cousins is an '08 tnt, it's an xp. different pitch. xp's use a 2.86 pitch. besides, as mentioned previously, the tnt track is only a 120 incher.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts