Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These tracks are offered at different places and both look to be Single Ply tracks, same weight basic weight, fully clipped and utilizing 2.86" drivers. The 9159 is TracksUSA and is listed $130 more than other locations.

Is there something I am missing here?

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
9159C is the track listed on Camoplast's web site.

Camo ripsaw

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be putting a Billy Howard clutch kit in it and dropping 1 tooth as well. I am not looking for top end speed and am willing to loose some of that in order to get better hook up and quicker corner to corner speed.

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
is a 1.5" too much for a 500ss to spin without loosing too much power to the ground?
I would recommend dropping at least a gear, and getting some clutching to take full advantage of the extra traction. If you did nothing, it would still be quicker out of the hole and better in the looser snow conditions...but I think you would loose a healthy chunk of top end.

Either way, it would be worth it unless you're looking for top end speed.

·
Registered
423 Posts
is a 1.5" too much for a 500ss to spin without loosing too much power to the ground?
i love the 1.5 on my 2008 tnt 500ss

it did lose some top end i get between 85 and 90 on hard packed, but on a road with a few inches of snow (yes i went road riding during a blizzard to find out) i got about 100-102 out of it.

the sled still really cranks till 80 but after that deadens out a little.

my gears, clutch...etc is all stock. everything performance-wise is stock so these are pretty reliable numbers, also about 3000 miles on sled so its good and broken in.

in deep powder it still turns the track no problem. i didnt get stuck one time all last season and i tried quite a few times.

also, this track feels like its studded on hard packed and loose trails, so if your into that i recommend it.

good luck and its a good choice go for it!

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
I do not see the 9075C listed on Camoplast website, but they sell them at the distributors as 1.5".

They are the same track ?

9159C is shown as a CC 1.5"

After further searching Camoplast site they have both tracks listed but in different areas.

The 9075C is in the site catalog and the 9159C is on there site specs page.

Very confusing.

But both numbers are for the Cross Country 1.5" X 120"

9075C Camoplast catalog

9159C Camoplast site spec's page

·
Registered
12 Posts
i love the 1.5 on my 2008 tnt 500ss

it did lose some top end i get between 85 and 90 on hard packed, but on a road with a few inches of snow (yes i went road riding during a blizzard to find out) i got about 100-102 out of it.

the sled still really cranks till 80 but after that deadens out a little.

my gears, clutch...etc is all stock. everything performance-wise is stock so these are pretty reliable numbers, also about 3000 miles on sled so its good and broken in.

in deep powder it still turns the track no problem. i didnt get stuck one time all last season and i tried quite a few times.

also, this track feels like its studded on hard packed and loose trails, so if your into that i recommend it.

good luck and its a good choice go for it!
I just put a 1.5 ripsaw on my 08 tnt, I'm wanting to stud it but am told I can't because of the lack of clearance in the front exchanger. I was told I'd have to change my drive gear to do it. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
559 Posts
I just got a cobra 1.352 for my 2011 600...havent rode it with the track, but i remember the difference between the 1 inch that was stock on my 07 Phazer FX and the 1.5 free ride i put on it...should be real close to that and that was night and day!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
You can run studs up to 1.86 Sno X length you need larger guards to protect your heat exchanger.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You might want to start a new post regarding studding as you would likely get a quicker response.

But, since my original nearly 2 year old post popped back up I will update.

I put Billy's clutch kit in last season which was nice, but the stock track spun a lot. I upgraded the track this offseason to the 1.5" ripsaw lite and dropped 1 gear. I only have 35ish miles on it with the winter we are having, but it gets up and goes. Great hook up. I have to play with the couplers as the sled tracks a lot straighter and slides less. A lot less front end pressure when getting on it coming out of a turn. But, with the water bars not fully filled in it is nice to blip the throttle and lift the skis across.

Will have to wait till next season to try some deep stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This doesn't really help answer your question, but if your thinking about studding there is a 2 ply 1.5x120 Ripsaw available from snow city. Part number is 9197C. $493.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i have a cudney kit and dropped 2 teeth i still have stock track with studs so i slip alot on low end but she pulls through 80 real good and gets over 100 on dreamometer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts