Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to shout out to all u ppl out there. I am new to this sport, tho I have ridden quads for years. What a blast! So much power! I like how they handle differently, sort of like a blend of a stand-up jetski and a quad. The kids love it, the wife loves it, just all around a good time. And thanx to the guys in this forum that helped me figure out what the issue was (hac). In my 3 rides I've ran into the same guys twice. So I'm sure I will make freinds in the community easily. Ppl are always willing to help when possible. I like that. Long live the snow!
2b479b306d049a310888a4c4e1d4daf6.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Be thankful you have snow.

I bought 3 sleds for me and family, got everything as well set as I could over summer, had everything ready to go by September...and waited for snow.

And waited
And waited
And waited

Family lost interest.

And waited
And waited

...still waiting.

season is almost over and sleds have 0 miles.

·
2nd Whore in command
102,185 Posts
I just wanted to shout out to all u ppl out there. I am new to this sport, tho I have ridden quads for years. What a blast! So much power! I like how they handle differently, sort of like a blend of a stand-up jetski and a quad. The kids love it, the wife loves it, just all around a good time. And thanx to the guys in this forum that helped me figure out what the issue was (hac). In my 3 rides I've ran into the same guys twice. So I'm sure I will make freinds in the community easily. Ppl are always willing to help when possible. I like that. Long live the snow!
2b479b306d049a310888a4c4e1d4daf6.jpg
Glad your enjoying the sport and glad to see you have some snow to ride.

·
Sled nut
2,912 Posts
What was wrong with your hac ?

Sent from my HTC One S

·
Sled nut
2,912 Posts

I bought 3 sleds for me and family, got everything as well set as I could over summer, had everything ready to go by September...and waited for snow.

And waited
And waited
And waited

Family lost interest.

And waited
And waited

...still waiting.

This is the saddest thing Iv ever heard

Sent from my HTC One S

Reactions: kloudkiker

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is the saddest thing Iv ever heard

Sent from my HTC One S
Well we are all still healthy, and the sleds should be GTG and there is still hope for some snow...we just continue to wait.

It sucks for me, but I really feel bad for the businesses that rely on winter activities to survive. here in NY we have received snowfall that is below record lows...most places have not even had the trails open yet, and the places that did open were only for a few weeks (with sub-marginal conditions) and are closed now.

One local bar/restaurant owner said on a normal year he sees 3000 sleds come through, on a bad year he might only see 1000. so far this year he has had 5 sleds come through, and those were all locals who took advantage of a dusting before it melted.

I am afraid some places are not going to survive this winter....that's really whats sad.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had some freinds move to Vermont from oregon over the summer, as the snow is much more consistent(he's a hi-level snowboard instructor). And this year we have record snow and they have none. Now he's heading to Colorado.

·
Stay to the right, in your lane and slow down.
1,526 Posts
Welcome to snowmachines!

If low or lack of snow is an issue, consider a trailer so you can get yourself to where the snow is when available.

·
Registered
92 Posts

And waited
And waited
And waited

Family lost interest.

And waited
And waited

...still waiting.

That's too bad buddy, not sure where you are from but even in southern Ontario we are driving to ride this year. Hope you get riding, there is nothing like it. Period

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Glad you are enjoying the sport and having a good first year. My wife and I bought a house in northern NH last November and moved this past April. More snow than I had seen in a long time every time I checked the house.

This year I was beyond excited to be living up north, rideable trails from the house and a trailer to get the machines to my in laws since they are both trail side in the NEK.

I got my primary sled ready....and no snow. So I got working on the buddy sled (fml dlx) and still no snow. Then it rained and we lost it all. I have 20 miles on the formula test riding it. That's it so far.

Just keep in mind this sport requires dedication, patience and sometimes unparalleled optimism. There will be good years, bad years and epic years that you think can't be beat.

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
I have to travel for snow 95% of the time if I want to ride.

Been doo'in it since 1970.

Welcome to our addiction kloudkiker.

And welcome to the best sled site on the net.

Some of here are a little rough around the edges, but still willing to help a fella out of a jam.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This forum already helped me out. It took 2 rides to figure it out (that's about 10+ hrs of drivetime) to ride 5mi each time. But I'm used to driving to ride, as I used to have quads. I live in Oregon, so we usually get something. I just picked up another sled too, so this week we're gonna go play

1 - 16 of 16 Posts