Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Summit with the DPM technology. The sled was setup for high elevations and next weekend I 'd like to ride at 600 ft. Do I REALLY need to reject or will the DPM do it? What size jets should I use for that elevation?

LD

·
Registered
714 Posts
If it is the stock jetting that is in it you should be alright because the DPM will compensate. I didn't have to change my jetting on my 00 700 summit and I ride at sea level in MI.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is that I don't know what jet size is in there now. Do you have to rejet even with the DPM technology?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Since you have no idea how the last owner had things setup, don't risk it. You have to find out what jets are in your carbs now, and compare that to what was in there stock. Check your plugs/piston wash often until you are confident you are OK. I may be wrong but I beleive DPM can only lean out your engine not richen it. If you are already too lean, you may be in for big trouble...

·
Advanced......dat's how ah roll.
1,950 Posts
macpotter said:
I may be wrong but I beleive DPM can only lean out your engine not richen it.
[snapback]261641[/snapback]​
I thought it was the oppisite, I thought DPM pressurized the bowls to richen the mixture. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
714 Posts
DPM does both richen and lean it out depending on air pressure and temp. But it can only go both ways so far than it can't compensate anymore. Therefore idealy you want to get have your main jets right in the middle of all your variations in temp and altitude that you are going to be riding and you won't have to worry about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts