Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This being my first year on a ski doo I felt it was needed to share my thoughts. I have been a die hard Yamaha rider since the late 80s. Sleds included the Vmax 500 TSS, 600, Viper 700, Nytro, Apex, and my last sled was the Yamacat Viper. I absolutely loved the reliability of the four stroke, torque and mid range. Unfortunately my yamacat left me stranded three times in just under 1200 miles that just was not acceptable. I consider myself a pretty aggressive rider, when snow is not local (often) I head to Tug and run what ever it gives me. When leaving the brand I sooo trusted my choices were a Pol X 800 or an 800 XRS. I went with the ski doo XRS 800 Gade as the majority of my family rides ski doo. I am here to say... what the #$%! have I been thinking for the last 10 years. This sled brings a smile to my face every time I get on it. Unfortunately all the miles have been put on up on the Hill and I have seen my share of some knarley trails but this thing takes all of it. It never leaves you off camber and every time you think to yourself...Oh **** this is going to be interesting it simply sucks it up and continues to go. This sled can handle anything you can give it.

The engine is a monster!!! it has been difficult to get used to a two stroke again, the torque on that Yamaha triple was unbelievable and the throttle response was bar none, but the bottom and top end on this thing is incredible. I put some C and A pros on it, Renegade adjustable bar risers and a few other little gadgets but this sled out of the box is simply amazing. You need to do nothing. My only gripe.. better midrange and a taller seat. For all that have been Ski doo faithful you have a hell of a product, I absolutely love this sled.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paul, The ground wire to the fuel pump severed somehow, The big one was the skid, The W arm somehow hyper extended, locked itself out and tore right through the tunnel and the rear bogie bearings blew out. all three times I was at least 60 miles from the truck or home. I get about 4-6 weekends to ride and that cut me down two weekends. Had the same Yamaha dealer for 15 years,raced motocross together and I have known him since we were 12. It was tough telling him I was moving on, but he understood based on the luck I had with that Yamacat. IT says its a rough trail sled, but it cannot handle the rough terrain anywhere near what an XRS can. I would consider their 2014 RTX SE somewhere between an TNT and an X. They are that much different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts