Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new blizzard and finally got some miles on it and found out I'm very dissapointed in the suspension. I used to ride a f800 snow pro. I'm experiencing bottoming out issues a lot. I only weigh 150lbs and have the front set at 3, front rear shock collar 3/4 of the way down (came factory like that haven't had time to adjust it), torsion is on 3 and coupler on 2. I also had A little bit of push but the snow was pretty soft. I was just wondering if there is a secret to get these sleds to ride and handle like everyone says they do.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not trying to be an ass, but read the manual there's a lot of good information in it to adjust the suspension. Also there's a few YouTube videos you can watch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you not see the part about me saying where I have it set at? At that setting I shouldn't be completely blowing through the stroke of the shock especially since I'm a lite rider. I want to know what other people think about they're non-spring ordered r-motion ride. If my 150lbs require maxing out the suspension they should offer better in season shock options. I also feel he compression isn't to bad but the dampening isn't there in the back. Just looking for second opinions as I don't have any experience with ski-Doo. I'm not looking for someone to set my suspension. Looking For something that I apparently don't know about or other people's experience to see if I'm doing something wrong.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also I'm an hour away from my snowmobile during the week and leave for a trip this weekend. Hoping to get some ideas to try as I don't have enough time or snow to try a lot of different combinations.

·
Registered
510 Posts
sounds like something is not right. I weight 200lbs and run 2 front and rear preload and slightly loose on the center spring. I only bottom on larger bumps and ride fairly aggressive

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
smear a little thick grease on the bump stops,look for transfer to cross shaft after you feel it bottom, so you at least know what is bottoming. what kind of bumps are causing the issue ? I was having issues with the low rider act with my X model when new. 2 things that caused the problem, low gas in the rear shock, and poor spring control on the rear torsion springs. I had the rear shock serviced, and installed thicker rear torsion bushings, aftermarket ones. considering your weight, I'm gonna take a wild guess and call it for a bad rear of rear shock. while you're waiting to get the shock checked you can try changing the shock ratio by just moving the shock eye to the stiffer position to see if it helps. regardless of what the problem is, be sure to install the torsion spring bushings as they make a big difference for relatively cheap money. good luck !

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm also leaning towards something is wrong. I just put 150mi on my new 800 TNT yes with rmotion. My settings are the same as yours with the exception of the couple blocks. Mine are on '1'. I think

it's more fun that way. Geared up I'm an easy 250#'s. Maybe bottomed out twice all day. I could crank up the torsion spring but I really love using 'all' the suspension they gave me. Have it checked out

where you bought it. Yes I realize your is a 129" doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Your settings are close for your weight. You shouldn't be bottoming out except on the harshest of bumps. I think your shocks don't have any dampening adjusters so that shouldn't be an issue. I would run it to the dealer and get the rear shocks checked. Might be a drive but you will enjoy your trip more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stutters is what I believe they're called idk. I Hit a dip in a trail at about 60 and the skis carried and I hardly felt any resistance other than when it bottom. I haven't really experienced bottoming that's surprised me 100% usually I know it's gonna hurt and expect it but not on this sled, if that makes sense. Also happened once with my girlfriend with me and it wasn't a huge bump and we weren't going more than 30 mph

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll see what the dealer says and go from there. I appreciate the info from you guys its hard to tell if it's basis for concern without knowing how other sleds ride. I'll give an update when I learn more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On a side note rear suspension Is the only complaint I have so far. Fit and finish is way better than cat and as long as reliability and part availability is better I'll never look back.

·
Registered
399 Posts
the blizzard is not set up firm to start with.. loosen the center shock so the coller is just being retained by the spring, this will help with steering. as far as the rest depending on how aggressive your riding may require some stiffer torsion springs. these are set up to ride buttery soft. look at getting an xrs spring set up and or shocks to go with it.. or revalve the stockers. the snopro is set up for much more aggressive riding. think of the blizzard as a zl version. hope this helps a little.

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
150 lbs with torsion on 3..that seems high. I wonder if you are hitting the coupling point and that is making it feel like bottoming.

Reactions: Scott B

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I actually uped the coupler after bottoming to try to get both shocks working together idk seemed to help but I like the light front end of setting one

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
From personal experience, do not try to solve your problem with heavier springs, especially considering your weight. Every rmotion out there should have the spring bushings, after trying all 3 spring options, the bushings were the answer to my problem, while not exactly like yours, very similar. I'd keep an eye on the local boneyards and try to get an X model rear shock, have it seviced, then you'll have much more adjustability. Good Luck !

1 - 20 of 51 Posts