Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
7,757 Posts
i am wanting to stud my track and trying to find out how many studs im needing to buy... thanks
200+ if you're using automotive lug studs. #16's are good, #17's are better. Get the tunnel protection kit installed before you try it, there will be contact with the 1.5" track.

It's not hard to figure out the exact number if you look at your track. There is a repeating pattern in every group of three or four lug sets.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just put 285 Kold Kutter track screws in a 2020 EXPY sport 900 ace in the G4 chassis. This covered every predrilled hole in the 1.5" track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Those automotive stud numbers correlate with the depth of the predrilled holes. If you use the wrong ones they will be too deep or stick out too far which are both bad and there is a fine line between both depths. I don't like them. :mad_old:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Which Kold Kutter ice screw are people using? The #10 AMA or the #12 Canadian? I know length depends on lug height, I just never see any references to the #10 or #12.

Thanks!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Which Kold Kutter ice screw are people using? The #10 AMA or the #12 Canadian? I know length depends on lug height, I just never see any references to the #10 or #12.

Thanks!
I put #10x1" Kold Kutter screws in a 1.5" lug track. The washer head on the screw is even with the rubber lug once installed. The bite that these give you is impressive compared to just the regular rubber track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I used 3/4" x # 12 hardware sheetmetal screws which never wear out unless you spin the track on an extremely hard surface. I was able to get by with the 3/4" length by using construction adhesive which makes them a breeze to put in and they NEVER come out. You can buy casehardened screws also but I never needed them.

Reactions: nd_rice
1 - 9 of 9 Posts