Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

New spare belt with new sled purchase

7K views 58 replies 34 participants last post by  mile9c1 
#1 ·
Hey folks,

have been out of touch for a long time and this may be an old news item you're all tired of, but if this has not been addressed in the fairly recent past, won't you all consider this:

Why don't you all who haven't done this (I have), email ski doo and tell them you think it's a bunch of bunk that for the price of a new sled they don't include a spare belt and also a heated shield plug ON EVERY NEW SLED THEY SELL to you and me?

Whatever reason/excuse they may come up with, still:

"it's a bunch of bunk that for the price of a new sled they don't include a spare belt and also a heated shield plug ON EVERY NEW SLED THEY SELL."

C'mon Ski doo, you have a name and reputation to uphold. Is it better to save a few bucks or take care of the faithful customers that keep you alive and in business?

No excuse, a truly reasonable request.

If Ski doo is the best, then why not the best treatment for your faithful customers that keep you alive and in business?

MAX

Here's the link:

https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/forms/contact-us.html

See less See more
#28 ·
The 2021 Enduros came with the RCA plug stock, not sure about the 22s.
the enduro it comes standard. Still standard on 22 enduro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 ·
Get 6k miles out of the doo belt now. Still buy a extra one to have as a spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#33 ·
Buying a Oxygen helmet is a good negotiation tool for a free helmet outlet.

#34 ·
No spare when I bought my 15 800e but did get a spare 571, 2yr warranty and parts catalog with my 21 850 plus 20 percent off any gear or accessories . I'm sure they were just making room for the 22 models but it worked for me anyway

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#35 ·
Not true, BS and aggravation is free.
Believe me, someone is paying a price for those two, and it's usually not the one handing them out.

#46 ·
Some guys are obviously under the impression the spare belt is included...I have only one thing to say about this - if you find a free spare belt installed in your new sled, make sure you say a big THANK YOU to your dealer, because this is 100% his expense...I have uncrated more than twenty of my own sleds myself and I have yet to see a spare belt installed from factory...

Only time I have seen something similar was with the first couple Yamaha four stroke motocross bikes. The crate used to contain a small spare parts kit including a piston and gaskets for the first piston swap. Some dealers were desperate to uncrate these by themselves, to be able to sneak this little kit out of the crate into their own spare parts stock...

#47 ·
You don't bring a phone with you? Not even for emergencies?
See post below.

I'll bring my phone, already fully charged and use it only if there's an emergency. I don't care what time it is, what direction I'm going, who's doing what on Facebook......
100%. I did use it once this year to try the BRP Go! app. Started with a full battery, stuffed in in the glove box, rode 175 miles, it still had plenty of charge when I got home.

#49 ·
Ok, can understand, everyone rightly has their own situation, perspective, totally good.

What about this, on a spring order sled have a box you can check that will get you these two items if you want them at a truly reasonable price so you don't have to dink around putting on the heated shield plug that can get done on the build, and when you pick up the sled it has a spare belt and your good to go.

Easy solution for all of the folks who would want these both, and my guess it's more than a few.

MAX

#51 ·
Ok, can understand, everyone rightly has their own situation, perspective, totally good.

What about this, on a spring order sled have a box you can check that will get you these two items if you want them at a truly reasonable price so you don't have to dink around putting on the heated shield plug that can get done on the build, and when you pick up the sled it has a spare belt and your good to go.

Easy solution for all of the folks who would want these both, and my guess it's more than a few.

MAX
I like the idea. Some dealers will install accessories for free if bought through them so kind of the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.