Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Helmet plug and spare belt..... I think that skidoo should give us stimulus checks to pay for our fuel and lodging too!! I love the saying for the price of these things, get a second job!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
To the OP: I agree with you, the sled should come with a spare belt. Nice touch for the cost of the sleds.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Free belt? It's a wear item for f sake.

Seriously, where do the "freebies" stop?

I've also noticed that when the snow is gone, the volume of silly thread topics go through the roof.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Some guys are obviously under the impression the spare belt is included...I have only one thing to say about this - if you find a free spare belt installed in your new sled, make sure you say a big THANK YOU to your dealer, because this is 100% his expense...I have uncrated more than twenty of my own sleds myself and I have yet to see a spare belt installed from factory...

Only time I have seen something similar was with the first couple Yamaha four stroke motocross bikes. The crate used to contain a small spare parts kit including a piston and gaskets for the first piston swap. Some dealers were desperate to uncrate these by themselves, to be able to sneak this little kit out of the crate into their own spare parts stock...

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
You don't bring a phone with you? Not even for emergencies?
See post below.

I'll bring my phone, already fully charged and use it only if there's an emergency. I don't care what time it is, what direction I'm going, who's doing what on Facebook......
100%. I did use it once this year to try the BRP Go! app. Started with a full battery, stuffed in in the glove box, rode 175 miles, it still had plenty of charge when I got home.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
^^agree. I use my phone for emergencies on the trail. It stays off while riding and may stay off until I get home if I don't have a breakdown.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Ok, can understand, everyone rightly has their own situation, perspective, totally good.

What about this, on a spring order sled have a box you can check that will get you these two items if you want them at a truly reasonable price so you don't have to dink around putting on the heated shield plug that can get done on the build, and when you pick up the sled it has a spare belt and your good to go.

Easy solution for all of the folks who would want these both, and my guess it's more than a few.

MAX

·
Registered
672 Posts
You might get them to include those items. They definitely won't be free. Just left the ski-doo show at Janesville, the Lynx comes standard with a pull rope and 12v outlet in the glovebox.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Ok, can understand, everyone rightly has their own situation, perspective, totally good.

What about this, on a spring order sled have a box you can check that will get you these two items if you want them at a truly reasonable price so you don't have to dink around putting on the heated shield plug that can get done on the build, and when you pick up the sled it has a spare belt and your good to go.

Easy solution for all of the folks who would want these both, and my guess it's more than a few.

MAX
I like the idea. Some dealers will install accessories for free if bought through them so kind of the same.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I like to keep my phone plugged in so it doesn't freeze. Last time it froze it wouldn't turn on for a good 6+ hours. I could see no belt coming with a sled but the RCA plug... considering the manufacturing cost (pennies), the fact that most people use them, the fact that Skidoo's flagship helmet requires it, and the hassle to install the plug on a brand new machine... the RCA should be standard, no reasonable debate possible. Some people don't use their hand heaters, should those be optional add-ons? Some don't use the e-start. Some never go 100mph. Some don't use the LinQ system.

Polaris had a deal in December, free belt and gallon of oil with every sled purchase. Polaris's sold like hotcakes in December! Maybe they were onto something.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
BTW I've noticed that Polaris is now including battery tender hookups on their new sleds... I applaud Polaris for being so thoughtful and customer-friendly.

·
Supreme Snowmobiler
2,070 Posts
You guys better stop complaining about a spare belt. If Skidoo hears about this mutiny amongst the troops, they will send them out with NO belt and sell them as an accessory. :huh: :huh: :huh:

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
I like to keep my phone plugged in so it doesn't freeze. Last time it froze it wouldn't turn on for a good 6+ hours. I could see no belt coming with a sled but the RCA plug... considering the manufacturing cost (pennies), the fact that most people use them, the fact that Skidoo's flagship helmet requires it, and the hassle to install the plug on a brand new machine... the RCA should be standard, no reasonable debate possible. Some people don't use their hand heaters, should those be optional add-ons? Some don't use the e-start. Some never go 100mph. Some don't use the LinQ system.

Polaris had a deal in December, free belt and gallon of oil with every sled purchase. Polaris's sold like hotcakes in December! Maybe they were onto something.
Yeah - that was it! It didn't a thing to do with the Covid and every type of powersports being sold out. It had to have been that "free" belt and oil.

Gotta admit, that one made me laugh out loud - thank you!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You guys better stop complaining about a spare belt. If Skidoo hears about this mutiny amongst the troops, they will send them out with NO belt and sell them as an accessory. :huh: :huh: :huh:
Spare belt?...................Tesla's have no spare tire

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Spare belt?...................Tesla's have no spare tire
I don't know if that's a fair analogy. At the risk of jinxing myself, I haven't changed a flat tire in 20 years. Belts on sleds, three in two years although not mine. If I get a flat, worst case I call a wrecker or AAA. Out alone at night and sled blows belt in north jingweeds it's possible to freeze to death.

I agree it's not reasonable to expect freebees, and intend to thank the dealer for the spare on the 18. Then hope for one on the 22. :D On the other hand, almost everyone has something they "wish" BRP would include, fancy colors/wraps, high/low windshields, handguards, heated something, better shocks, better shocks, better shocks...did I mention shocks? I don't hear many say they want to pay more for whatever they fancy. Anyway, for me getting home is pretty important. I'm not big on having a bunch of plugs, but may spring for one to charge the GPS.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Maybe Tesla owners aren't the type who would change a tire? If GM took the spare off a pickup truck then all hell would break loose.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Yeah - that was it! It didn't a thing to do with the Covid and every type of powersports being sold out. It had to have been that "free" belt and oil.

Gotta admit, that one made me laugh out loud - thank you!
I was watching a dozen or so sleds at dealerships and they didn't move much until the free belt promotion. So I do believe there was some correlation... a Polaris belt and gallon of oil is an easy $250. If sleds were "flying off the shelves" like they normally do in October/November then Polaris would have no reason to give away $250 in December.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts