Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I think they should provide the Heated Visor Plug as standard equipment. They already provide the wiring and connector below the console. The actual plug would cost less than 5 dollars at the manufacturers end to be included. Cheap enough not to affect the MSRP and could be added as a feature in the marketing of their machines over the competitors. For those who don't need it, that's great. Yes, you will have "paid" for something you don't use, similar to some options in your vehicle that were part of a package that never get touched, that did cost a lot.
If you want the heated visor plug as standard equipment, then I want the goggle bag as standard equipment. Exactly the same scenario, but much more useful to me.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Heated Shield Plug - I use goggles so no use for a heated shield for me. Would rather not pay for it if I don't have to.

Spare Belt - A lot of guys don't care for Doo belts and prefer after market options. Why should they have pay for another belt they don't want?

Sorry, don't think I'm going be send the email.

Never really understood all the complaints about "a sled should come with this and it shouldn't be accessory". Windshield on the XRS is a great example. Many say it should come with one. What are the odds they are going to put the windshield on you specifically want. I just hear the complaints if they put one on there. "It's too tall!". "It's too short". "It's ugly". "I don't want clear". Right now you buy the sled and then select the windshield you want via accessories. Of course they could just build it into the price of the sled and then let you select one but how is that any different?

Same goes for the stupid LED lights that everyone just has to have. Current lights work fine for me and I would rather throw my money at shocks and performance features rather than paying more for the sled so it can have an LED I don't want. Right now, those who must have LED lights can add them as an accessory at their cost.

Reactions: Z7*

·
Registered
936 Posts
Reactions: lobster

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think they should provide the Heated Visor Plug as standard equipment. They already provide the wiring and connector below the console. The actual plug would cost less than 5 dollars at the manufacturers end to be included. Cheap enough not to affect the MSRP and could be added as a feature in the marketing of their machines over the competitors. For those who don't need it, that's great. Yes, you will have "paid" for something you don't use, similar to some options in your vehicle that were part of a package that never get touched, that did cost a lot.
If you want the heated visor plug as standard equipment, then I want the goggle bag as standard equipment. Exactly the same scenario, but much more useful to me.
He says he doesn't think it should problem to pay things the buyer doesn't need so throw a goggle bag in for me too please.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
In this day and age, all sleds could come with a visor plug and a 12 volt outlet. As for the belt, whenever i bought new sleds I always spring ordered them , whether Skidoo or other brands and always got $400-$500 in accessories, not sure how it works now as I haven't bought since 2013. That always gave me plenty to buy a belt, oil, whatever I needed. Never saw a sled come with a spare belt, not sure why they would start especially with them being way more expensive, not a $25-$50 Dayco Max anymore.

The other option is to try to work some of these thing in when making your deal with dealer. Can't imagine if you were buying a sled and said I will buy it today but I want a visor plug that they would say no, but anything is possible.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I'll take a combo bag as standard equipment

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Z7*

·
E-Tec Rules
33,578 Posts
The 2021 Enduros came with the RCA plug stock, not sure about the 22s.
the enduro it comes standard. Still standard on 22 enduro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
E-Tec Rules
33,578 Posts
Get 6k miles out of the doo belt now. Still buy a extra one to have as a spare.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
no. I don't think so? Maybe your dealer put one on there?

That could be, although most dealers sound the trumpets for a 50-cent giveaway. ;) That was on an 18 Enduro, I'll be curious to see if one magically appears on the 22. I'll have to thank him if it does.

·
Registered
131 Posts
At the rate ski-doos are selling right now, I think we're lucky they didn't try and increase the price by another 25% lol

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Buying a Oxygen helmet is a good negotiation tool for a free helmet outlet.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
No spare when I bought my 15 800e but did get a spare 571, 2yr warranty and parts catalog with my 21 850 plus 20 percent off any gear or accessories . I'm sure they were just making room for the 22 models but it worked for me anyway

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,364 Posts
Not true, BS and aggravation is free.
Believe me, someone is paying a price for those two, and it's usually not the one handing them out.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
The rca outlet would add 50 cents to the cost of a sled and you would get it all back when you go to sell it. Cat was adding a 12V outlet to their Procross sleds at least for awhile. Who doesn't need to charge a phone or a GPS or heat their shield??

21 - 40 of 60 Posts