Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

have been out of touch for a long time and this may be an old news item you're all tired of, but if this has not been addressed in the fairly recent past, won't you all consider this:

Why don't you all who haven't done this (I have), email ski doo and tell them you think it's a bunch of bunk that for the price of a new sled they don't include a spare belt and also a heated shield plug ON EVERY NEW SLED THEY SELL to you and me?

Whatever reason/excuse they may come up with, still:

"it's a bunch of bunk that for the price of a new sled they don't include a spare belt and also a heated shield plug ON EVERY NEW SLED THEY SELL."

C'mon Ski doo, you have a name and reputation to uphold. Is it better to save a few bucks or take care of the faithful customers that keep you alive and in business?

No excuse, a truly reasonable request.

If Ski doo is the best, then why not the best treatment for your faithful customers that keep you alive and in business?

MAX

Here's the link:

https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/forms/contact-us.html

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
30,633 Posts
They will just add $250 to the price of the sled... And to the ones that don't want either item or buy aftermarket it will make no difference whether they add it or not...

·
Super Moderator
29,248 Posts
I have zero use for a heated shield plug and the first thing I do on my new sled it take off the Doo belt. I don't want to call them junk, I just haven't owned a good one since my '12.

·
Registered
52 Posts
And u can bet that most guys won’t break in their belt property before using launch mode on the new Mach and that poor belt won’t last long, so yes brp should include a spare belt on the new Mach z for sure

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Hey folks,

have been out of touch for a long time and this may be an old news item you're all tired of, but if this has not been addressed in the fairly recent past, won't you all consider this:

Why don't you all who haven't done this (I have), email ski doo and tell them you think it's a bunch of bunk that for the price of a new sled they don't include a spare belt and also a heated shield plug ON EVERY NEW SLED THEY SELL to you and me?

"it's a bunch of bunk that for the price of a new sled they don't include a spare belt and also a heated shield plug ON EVERY NEW SLED THEY SELL."

C'mon Ski doo, you have a name and reputation to uphold. Is it better to save a few bucks or take care of the faithful customers that keep you alive and in business?

If Ski doo is the best, then why not the best treatment for your faithful customers that keep you alive and in business?

MAX

Here's the link:

You already told them ....Who do you think runs this site anyways....dont let anyone tell you other wise either !!

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Hey folks,

MAX

Here's the link:

Like 1sfurness said, they will just pass the price of the components plus their labor and a profit on to the list price of the sled. And I suspect it will be more like $450 vs $250 and some of us would use neither and don't want to pay extra for those options.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I am happy my new sled is $500 less and comes with neither, so I will certainly not send the e-mail you are asking about...

If anything, your are showing a brilliant example about Ski-Doo's strategy "less is more" being the right strategy. Always running a MX helmet and goggles, why the eff would I want a heated shield plug adding to the price...? I respect others want it, but I don't want it and I don't want to pay more for others to have it.

·
Super Moderator
29,248 Posts
You already told them ....Who do you think runs this site anyways....dont let anyone tell you other wise either !!
Like some of your babblings, this one too is 100% FALSE.

No need to respond. Oh wait...that was another one of your lines.

That said, while your "facts" were 100% FALSE, we are open to all opinions, so yes, please feel free to respond. At least it'll be entertaining and probably good for a laugh.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think they should provide the Heated Visor Plug as standard equipment. They already provide the wiring and connector below the console. The actual plug would cost less than 5 dollars at the manufacturers end to be included. Cheap enough not to affect the MSRP and could be added as a feature in the marketing of their machines over the competitors. For those who don't need it, that's great. Yes, you will have "paid" for something you don't use, similar to some options in your vehicle that were part of a package that never get touched, that did cost a lot.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Don't many of the four stroke models include a spare belt? It sure looks like one hanging on the clutch cover of my Renegade 900.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,363 Posts
Don't many of the four stroke models include a spare belt? It sure looks like one hanging on the clutch cover of my Renegade 900.
no. I don't think so? Maybe your dealer put one on there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hemidoo
1 - 20 of 60 Posts