Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
The computer takes care of all that. Fill with fuel, add the extra set of carbides (or wear out your skis) and woodys grandmaster studs per pattern on the track. Best way to stop if your a trail rider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
You won’t lose any cool points for reading the owner’s manual. Lots of good info in there.

Reactions: grmaximus and krm

·
Administrator
8,825 Posts
Some use toilet shims from hardware store. I cut PVC pipe to fit. . Drop your skies ,Under the rubber in the back of the ski cup put shims. This will make the ski run level and stop darting and equal wear on your carbides.. See if I can find a pic

·
Registered
29 Posts
Breaking in my 600R this year.

I considered shimming the skis and had moved the 4" stock runners to the outside and put 6"s in the middle.

Mainly due to time I did not do it, I was going to Iron Co on 12/5 for their opener and the sled's maiden voyage.

The skis looked level on the garage floor so I was going to roll the dice and see what happens.

I was satisfied with the ski performance on the trail, almost zero darting. Time will tell how the runners wear and I'll know then if I want to shim.

In contrast, my last new sled an Arctic Cat, that b*t*h wanted to kill me it darted so bad...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Check this site out Bergstromskags.com Tons if info and Lots of us shim our Doo skis
Thanks for the info! But a minor correction, https://www.bergstromskegs.com/

I also have a new sled. 2019 Grand Touring Limited 600R. It's new old stock. I managed maybe 120-13 miles on it around my property but the snow has since melted.

Questions: This sled came with dual skegs. Same issue apply?

Any other items like this that I might need to know? I've never bought a vehicle of any type that couldn't be made better with few strategic, often minor changes. I'm guessing these sleds are no different.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
514 Posts
Some use toilet shims from hardware store. I cut PVC pipe to fit. . Drop your skies ,Under the rubber in the back of the ski cup put shims. This will make the ski run level and stop darting and equal wear on your carbides.. See if I can find a pic
PVC, the white plastic pipe. How do you determine the shims thickness thats required?

·
Registered
21 MXZ XRS 850
3,777 Posts
Shimming the skis can be done with anything really. I have used garden hose split open, fuel line split open, and a piece of rubber bungie cord.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts