Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Recently acquired a 00 MXZ 600 with a 136 conversion. I like it so far but getting used to the length! I have a few questions I was hoping I could get some answers too. First I have a set of crankshop pipes to put on but I need to figure out my jetting. I plan on running 3 sizes fatter as I've read on here but I don't know what stock jetting should be. I found a jet chart on here but the link got deleted. Any help? Second whag should stock gearing be? CS recommends dropping a size on the top gear but I wanna make sure someone hasn't already done so. I know the PO said he installed a clutch kit. Lastly how fast should this sled go? I seem to hit 70 and flatten out. I mean my old 440 would do better then that. I was racing my buddy's XCSP 700 with reverse and with a 144 on it and getting smoked. I expected to stay close. I think it might be my track. They put a 2" paddle on it. I think that's wayyyyy overkill. Not to mention I'm pretty sure its rubbing the exchanger. I'm sure that's slowing me a ton. The sled handles like garbage too. I think I'm gonna sell it and buy a new track. Any suggestions? 1.5 maybe? What are the dimensions so I can start looking? Thanks for the help in advance. Bob

·
2nd Whore in command
102,129 Posts
The stock jetting should be 280 mains, 224 Z-9 needle jet, 37-5 pilot jet. The stock gearing is 24/43. Im sure the PO changed the gears since he went to a 136" track with 2' paddles. The 70 mph speed sounds about right with that big of a track and most likely a few teeth off the top gear and depending on what clutch kit he put in to make up for the track.

What kind of riding do you do? I have a 99 MXZ with a 136 and 1.5" track with 1 tooth off the top right now but I cant tell you what the top speed is since my speedo has been broken for years lol, but I don't care for top end speed.

Welcome to Dootalk!!

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ditchbanger thanks for the info! Nice looking machine too! Looks a lot cleaner then mine extension wise and overall lol. I do a lot of trail with a mix of blasting across the fields and lakes. Im definitely gonna lose the track and put a shallower one one with some picks. I'll have my gearing figured out soon enough as somehow the bottom bolt came through my case cover yesterday. Hopefully it loosened up and not snapped off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked my gearing. Its a 22/43 set up. The bottom bolt backed out so I need a new cover. Buddy has one tho luckily. What is the torque on that bolt? Any idea? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I love my 600 she hauls the mail an is a solid built machine an dependibal. Iv yet to lose to any poo or cat 600..

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just put a cobra track on my 2000 mxz 600 Which I also extended to 136. The cobra is a little less than 1.5" but it still hit the heat exchanger protectors so I redrilled the upper axel bolt holes lower which created enough clearance.

·
2nd Whore in command
102,129 Posts
I just put a cobra track on my 2000 mxz 600 Which I also extended to 136. The cobra is a little less than 1.5" but it still hit the heat exchanger protectors so I redrilled the upper axel bolt holes lower which created enough clearance.
I just took the axle out when I did mine and I also took the protectors out too with the 1.5" Intense track. How do you like the Cobra track?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I put her all back together and this thing rips! I put the Crank Shop pipes on and the 310 main jets and holy smokes! I think I'm gonna put a 1" hacksaw on. Was between that or a 1.25". Cousin runs one stuuded to the max on his xcr and has good luck with it. Only thing Im worried about is traction in deep snow and studs hitting the exchanger.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
1 inch should be good enough for how you ride. especially with the extension.I do pretty well in the deep stuff with my 1 inch but i also have a 670. But i will be the first to say i miss my old 1-1/2 paddle track, but i also run a 121' track and always will for a trail sled.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright thanks. Yea we don't usually get the big snow up here on mass so I really aint boondocking. I wish we had snow like that sometimes. I agree this thing is a little weird on the trails. The moguls are a killer! The sled can't clear em with that long track. You gotta hit em just right. I like the paddle but its too much. There all bent over and ripping out. Plus I miss my studded sled. I got zero traction on ice and its sketchy doing 70 on the ice with the back end doin what it wants. I can't wait to take it off. I can only imagine how much faster it'll be and smoother it'll run.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea the cobra is a 1.3 if I'm not mistaken. On the topic of rubbing do I need to watch my stud length? I don't need to be running those on the exchanger lol. I can get some .9 or something for free from my uncle or use the same as my cousin which are 1.14 or something. How many you think? He has over 200 I wanna say in a 121".

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
You got a pic of the upper axle? I have a studded 1.25 and it's a little to close for comfort

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hahaha. I know I wish more sleds did what Polaris did and put them under the boards. What were they thinking putting them under the tunnel. I know they get more snow there but still! Maybe his studs are 1.325. That number sounds familiar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts