Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched old threads but I'm wondering if there's a hot new setup for a 2014 600X that still has the stock 120" ripsaw track... Trail riding only and I don't mind a little extra steering effort. TIA :)

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
73,723 Posts
It's been awhile since I rode a 120" as I'm coming off from a 137" and back to a 120" for this up an coming season..... but if I learned anything I learned this....

Less track on the ground now, and more weight up front on these newer sleds tells me a little more forward flotation will work well, and thats why I swapped to the Pilot 6.9's from the C&A Razor's for my short track to start off with.....

I'm betting it'll be about perfect as far as skis go.....

....then all I'll have to do is figure out carbide... ;)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I've searched old threads but I'm wondering if there's a hot new setup for a 2014 600X that still has the stock 120" ripsaw track... Trail riding only and I don't mind a little extra steering effort. TIA :)
Pilot 5.7s and a good set of 6" carbides - Woody's or even better Bergstrom Triple Points or Good n Ugly with their shim and ski savers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
789 Posts
I’m on a 129” tnt and I’m running woodys doolys 6” in the center and stock carbide for now on the outside of my 5.7’s and no darting and great turning. I also run a studded track with 90 up the middle. Seems to work well for me.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
If your not studded you can run more aggressive skis. I've run USI x2 triple treat skis and with mysetup they are just s bit too much. I've never missed a corner with mysetup with just pilots. But 168 trippers don't slip.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I like curve xs skis with 9" shapers and a leading edge installed. I've got a 1.6 cobra with 168 studs. As others mentioned track lug and studs make a difference in ski / carbide selection.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Truth be told, I have the mxz 120" XS chassis, I have C&A skis, I'm still setting some things up but, so far I like the factory installed pilot 5.7s better.

·
Registered
43 Posts
C&A XTPs, I run XT's but it's can be real hard to steer on trails sometimes
9e4470cd7ca098e6428d33a167a552d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts