Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no snow here to test! I need feedback from those who have tested them!

Are they better? do they backshift better? Any drawbacks, roller durability? help guys! sick of my button clutch....don't want to buy a roller half unless they are worth it......

also, any recomended helixes for 600 HO short track?

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Theirs a few topics for the rollers that have been floating around the last couple days!

But why wouldnt you go buy an aftermarket piece, BRP probably wants an arm and a leg and a sperm sample for one.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually they are quite cheap........and have heard from some that they outperform the aftermarket clutches

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 06 600sdi adr and have 650 miles on it and I rode my buddies 600 sdi X and I could really tell a difference in the way it shifted and back shifted. It was smoooooooooooooooth. Can you just buy half the clutch?????

·
Registered
807 Posts
I am lovin the setup from Bill...was going to buy a new rotor and brake pads for to eliminate the brake fade but now I hardly touch it
gooood back shift.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I really like mine so far. I have to pull it apart and check the rollers, but if they have failed, it may not be their fault. There is an improvement in performance, but Ski-Doo is using the same set up as last year, as far as springs and helix. There is a lot of room for improvement. I have been doing a little experimenting and it has a ton of potential. If it can get dialed, it will out perform most aftermarket clutches.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Cudney offers a kit ( I believe a helix and sliding half ) to convert your button secondary to roller for $250 US I believe.

I just spoke to him about it a couple days ago and he's sold a bunch already.

FYI in my instance (600 SDI Renegade) he recommended the regular clutch kit and said the roller, while nice, is not necessary. If you do not have his clutch kit, I assume you'll find an improvement, as I know the '06 stock shifts nicer than my '05.

p.s. Tweener - my center shock from you is now working nice ( took a bit to loosen it up, or I just got accustomed to the stiffer ride )

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep, roller half and a helix is all that is really needed.........Doo priced are likr $300 + unless you get a deal.......

Interested in the roller life span........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts