Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hmmm... seems like the concept to their design is to not allow the ski to ride up on top of the snow when going through a corner by eliminating
the deep keel. So you basically have 2 ouside walls pressing against the snow in a sideways motion instead of 1. Looks like a good trail ski but
would be about as useful as a wicker p!ss pot in the mountains.

·
Backcountry Shredder
1,235 Posts
I do not know about that design. I hate to shoot down new ideas, so who knows, it could be good. I can't imagine they will work well in the pow and it seems like there is the potential to get caught on trail hazards (rocks, roots, rail beds...etc)

·
Registered
823 Posts
I like it!!, I don't see a down side other than the price will be high because of all the hardware needed. I don't think they would get hung up on anything on a normal trail. Only thing that would be trouble would be a stick just the right size that was hit dead center on the ski and was just long enough to hit the spindle... a lot of if's there so i see no troubles.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
It looks like they took the weakest part of a sled and made it weaker. Although it will save on A-arms because it looks to me that the tiny little spindles at the ski will definitely bend or break before the A-arm takes the impact.
Might be good for oval racing where there's no obstacles to hit but I wouldn't want to be the first guinea pig on the trail to bump a rock or stump with them 200miles from civilization.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like they took the weakest part of a sled and made it weaker. Although it will save on A-arms because it looks to me that the tiny little spindles at the ski will definitely bend or break before the A-arm takes the impact.
Might be good for oval racing where there's no obstacles to hit but I wouldn't want to be the first guinea pig on the trail to bump a rock or stump with them 200miles from civilization.
I don't know, I think the front chassis is the weakest part of the sled, I 've had many ski's come out smiling after a mishap, but not the nun on my Rev.......aside from hitting a tree dead on with your ski, there pretty tough and flexible. Hey if it weren't for new ideas, you still be riding on leaf spring suspensions.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
I don't know, I think the front chassis is the weakest part of the sled, I 've had many ski's come out smiling after a mishap, but not the nun on my Rev.......aside from hitting a tree dead on with your ski, there pretty tough and flexible. Hey if it weren't for new ideas, you still be riding on leaf spring suspensions.
And using carburetors....lol

·
Registered
527 Posts
I can see the concept working by not allowing pressure to build up in the middle like a precisions ski. But I'd snap them like tooth picks.

·
Registered
555 Posts
would hate to have to cross any big waterholes with them
Didn't you see the pictures of guys crossing water on the web site? Hey I'm not promoting these, but what did most people say about the Rev when it first appeared, I like a company that thinks outside of the box, they may be out of buisness next year ...or every sled manufacturer will adapt this concept , who knows.....(just hope ski-doo doesn't copy it and get in trouble like they did with the percision ski)

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
75,126 Posts
Looks good but how come they don't show the Yamaha railing the turn, and only going fast on the straight?

I know the XP can rail on the stock ski. My buddy on his Yamaha....now that's a different story. Not slamming the yamaha but I seen them first hand with cornering issues.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I like to backcountry a lot and those skis really don't look like good skis to have for that!!! notice they were just riding on the trails!!!! oh they were climbing that mountain too but come on I know better then to fall for that....Your skis don't even touch the snow 90% of the time while climbing big hills or mountains

·
Registered
999 Posts
anyone else think these skis can do the splits?

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
ZERO floatation?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah it looks like it would be a better trail ski because I son't know how the flotation would be. I'd like to try it.

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
I'll take a free set to try out.

·
Registered
999 Posts
i think everyone will take a free set to try out, the price is ridiculous for something as ugly as that. Take a saws awl to the center of some precision skis and there you go!

·
Registered
294 Posts
i think everyone will take a free set to try out, the price is ridiculous for something as ugly as that. Take a saws awl to the center of some precision skis and there you go!
Right lol....Big waste of money unless you just stick to the trails....that's my opinion though

1 - 19 of 19 Posts