Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just bought a set af scrathers for the poor snow we have here in wisconsin. I have an FZ 2000 (zx chasis). Where should i mount them? Front, middle, etc. I have most of the boggy wheel holes filled and i dont want to remove any. So i am looking at drilling holes for them. Is this a good idea or will it weaken the rail to much. it will be about a 1/4" hole give or take a little. I just don't want to wreck anything. sorry for the long post.

Also is there a speed i should not exceed while using them?

·
Registered
45,510 Posts
I would say put them in the middle or farther forward if you can. As for weakening the rails, I really don't believe it will be a big deal, summit rails get drilled for them all the time. As for the speed, good question, I know a lot of my friends that have them run as hard as thier sleds will let them, when the coolent gets hot, or the sliders get hot, they slow down and take it easy, but the faster=the more snow that gets thrown up!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.